2nd Narrows East sidewalk now open

Feb. 4, 2015, 3:37 p.m.

2nd Narrows East sidewalk now open

Feb. 5, 2015, 6:52 a.m.

It's a Kramer style luxury lane now!

Feb. 5, 2015, 11:33 a.m.

Can someone help me out on the safest way to get to the new east sidewalk approach from the southern end, traveling from the west. I usually bike along birdgeway street.

thanks!

http://www.westcoastcycling.ca

Feb. 5, 2015, 12:42 p.m.

Can someone help me out on the safest way to get to the new east sidewalk approach from the southern end, traveling from the west. I usually bike along birdgeway street.

assuming you are approaching from the southwest on adanac, turn north on the path just before the highway overpass, follow it until you get to hastings, cross to the kitty-corner and then follow cassiar (the little lane just east of you) to the bike path that takes you on to the bridge

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Feb. 7, 2015, 7:55 a.m.

or stay on Adanac until you cross the freeway, then head north
maybe the kittycorner of Hastings avoids an extra steep climb though

Feb. 7, 2015, 6:34 p.m.

thanks!

Ride along Bridgeway, up through the tunnel on the left sidewalk, and about 50m from the end of the tunnel there is a crosswalk to the path which takes you directly to the east bridge sidewalk.

flickr

Feb. 18, 2015, 8:52 p.m.

Ride along Bridgeway, up through the tunnel on the left sidewalk, and about 50m from the end of the tunnel there is a crosswalk to the path which takes you directly to the east bridge sidewalk.

thanks for this. I usually access from Bridgeway and this was super easy. The new Second Narrows sidewalk is money. You can actually enjoy the ride across and take in the scenery. Hoping the west sidewalk gets done is short order and it would be nice if they could deal with the shit show on the north end. Confusing for pedestrians and cyclists.

http://www.westcoastcycling.ca

Feb. 20, 2015, 2:16 p.m.

I like how the bars on the new fence are pointy so the suicidal can just impale themselves now instead of jumping

Feb. 20, 2015, 2:18 p.m.

So the expanded east sidewalk is now two-way bike/ped traffic?

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Feb. 20, 2015, 3:31 p.m.

Yes until they get the west side finished.

It's really nice. Lots of room to pass.

Feb. 21, 2015, 2:28 a.m.

Thanks!

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Feb. 25, 2015, 7:10 a.m.

Anyone else experience the super-intense psychedelic sunrise trip on the east side of bridge? The morning sun, combined with its reflection in the inlet and the shadows of suicide fence to create a stroboscopic effect on the eyes. Close your eyes, hum the opening bars of "White Rabbit" and hope you don't run head-on into oncoming traffic. I wonder what its potential is to trigger epileptic seizures?

It like that Pitoui (or whatever his name is) hippie guy's street show in Ganges, Salt Spring Island.

I like how the bars on the new fence are pointy so the suicidal can just impale themselves now instead of jumping

The Ministry of Transportation could place the heads of people who don't obey bike direction rules on the pikes, Game of Thrones style as a warning to cyclists.

Feb. 25, 2015, 6:28 p.m.

Logged on to post that exact thing. Rode up heading south with my eyes mostly closed.

Once I created it was not too bad.

Feb. 26, 2015, 7:17 p.m.

The Ministry of Transportation could place the heads of people who don't obey bike direction rules on the pikes, Game of Thrones style as a warning to cyclists.

But there are not, nor were there ever, any directional rules for cyclists on the second narrows.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Feb. 26, 2015, 7:51 p.m.

But there are not, nor were there ever, any directional rules for cyclists on the second narrows.

Be that as it may, but all that is about to change, according to MOTI.

"Bicycles travel in same direction as vehicles in the adjacent roadway."