Wyoming? Colorado? Oregon?

June 27, 2012, 6:28 p.m.

Can anyone here give me some ideas where to ride in the States? We're heading down to Wyoming next summer and want to do some riding and we'll have about a week to get around. Bike parks would be cool but longer trail rides are what we are thinking about.

Thanks for the help and direction!

Ian

Ian
"In a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big."

June 27, 2012, 7:03 p.m.

Jackson Hole for sure, probably won't have enough time to keep going to Colorado if you've only a week. You could spend a week in Oregon doing long trail rides such as Mackenzie River trail and Oakridge area, heading down to Ashland and Umpqua river trail would take too much time from the trip if you want to keep heading east. And there is still Idaho between OR and WY.

~~~~~~~~~~~

June 28, 2012, 12:47 p.m.

Hey thanks for the reply! I remembered the guys in BIKE magazine raving about the Mackenzie river trail so that's where we'll mostl likely end up. One start, 3-4 dirfferent directions!
Thanks again!

Ian
"In a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big."

June 28, 2012, 1:31 p.m.

If you get to Idaho, Sun Valley is awesome. Long rolling rides that feel like they will never end. I was there for a few days and wished I had a week to spend there

June 28, 2012, 1:36 p.m.

aggreed idaho is awsome. im yet to check it out but will be hitting colorado this year i hope.

June 28, 2012, 2:35 p.m.

Hey thanks for the reply! I remembered the guys in BIKE magazine raving about the Mackenzie river trail so that's where we'll mostl likely end up. One start, 3-4 dirfferent directions!
Thanks again!

The MRT is definitely worth doing. It's also a great long ride for a group of mixed skill levels. Everybody in our group had a great time. Also cool waterfalls and swimming holes.

In Bend, we did one guided shuttle day with Cog Wild and then rode back to Bend and also a day where we pedalled from Bend and made our own loops. Both were great but the guide and shuttle was definitely better. More time hitting the goods!