who to rent from

July 20, 2012, 8:48 p.m.

My wife and I are driving to Canmore for a wedding next week, we're staying in Salmon arm
for a night each way to make the drive nicer and we're renting a car to do the drive as
we don't want to put that many miles on our 100,000mile (miles not k's) cars. We're not
sure which park to go to. My wife isn't a very good rider, she does like Heart of Darkness and Crank it up (she doesn't get too much air and isn't hitting the trannys, but
she has fun). I like it all (OS, Aline etc) so I don't care which park as long as they
have some good fun blue runs for my wife.

So where should I rent a bike? I'm old and need couch like plushness, and since I'm not
sure which park, do you guys have recommendations for each?

Many mahalos.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

July 21, 2012, 12:49 a.m.

Hey man, Silver star is only an hour max from Salmon Arm and you can rent Aurums right at the hill. They have tons of flowy blue trails, not many break bumps either.

July 21, 2012, 1:14 a.m.

Silver Star. The green run is great for beginners (still has some small jumps), but it's still fun for more advanced riders if you just go fast. Even stepping up to the blue runs isn't tough, and if she can handle CIU she'd be fine with Super Star.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

July 21, 2012, 9:32 a.m.

Sweet, thanks.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

July 21, 2012, 10:20 a.m.

I would agree that silver star is pretty fun. Their blue trails are pretty fun, so they work really well if your group is of varied skill levels. I would think the aurums are pretty decent to rent too. The village can be a little lacking though in comparison to other mtns.