Toronto Bike Park

July 3, 2014, 6:07 p.m.

Okay, I know, I know . . . this forum is for 'real' bike parks, but come on, this is kinda' cool.

http://www.ridingfeelsgood.com/jay-hoots-unveils-plans-new-sunnyside-bike-park-in-toronto/

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/bike-park-to-open-between-gardiner-and-lakeshore-1.2695796

A bike park in Toronto build close to the lake. Every now and then they get a good idea !

July 3, 2014, 8:18 p.m.

And Jay Hoots is Da Man!

July 3, 2014, 9:45 p.m.

After years of stonewalling the first of 3. :clap::clap:

Thanks to the current city contact Scott Laver. Also thanks to the previous efforts of IMBA Mark and his previous efforts that laid some of the ground work.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

July 3, 2014, 10:46 p.m.

Huge addition and a great win for biking as a neighbourhood activity.

Jay is back in town… keep tuned for another pump track and a couple DJ lines popping up in the Lower Mainland over the next 3 weeks…

Teaser.

July 4, 2014, 5:23 a.m.

After years of stonewalling the first of 3. :clap::clap:

Thanks to the current city contact Scott Laver. Also thanks to the previous efforts of IMBA Mark and his previous efforts that laid some of the ground work.

This get snuck through while Rob "I hate bikes" Ford was in rehab?

Pastor of Muppets

July 4, 2014, 3:15 p.m.

This get snuck through while Rob "I hate bikes" Ford was in rehab?

Nope.

Prior to 2005 when I got involved in the Toronto scene…after rehab for a triathlon addiction.

This has been an ongoing discussion for a long time in Toronto. And came to head after the 2006 Chainsaw Massacre…rider broke collar bone and rumour of lawsuit. City sent in chainsaws to remove the structures in the area he got hurt. This was during Mark Shmidt 's time with CoT's Parks and Rec department prior to his departure to BC…think I last heard he was running the Capilano Uni program.

The idea of this was existing prior to him think the guys mentioned to me. However the biggest roadblock to this was not even the politicians or Rob Ford. The CofT bureaucrats like Darth Garth as he is know where venemently against any ideas like this. Even with a city worker like Mark on our side it is a uphill fight. And Hooty can attest to how much of a circus the non elected officials make things in Toronto.

The current city guy Scott Laver 2 years ago at the work day to refurbish a 4X track in the north end. He never expected a change of tune when Rob Ford was elected the first time. Yet shortly after the the discussion of re looking at a couple of bike lanes. He suddenly was informed by his superiors that this bike park and the 2 others in the works. And a bunch of other trails where given a green light. And apparently there was no suggestion from any elected officials according to what he knows.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

July 4, 2014, 3:19 p.m.

Huge addition and a great win for biking as a neighbourhood activity.

Jay is back in town… keep tuned for another pump track and a couple DJ lines popping up in the Lower Mainland over the next 3 weeks…

Teaser.

Don't know if Hooty is involved but the second is in the works.

http://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/contentonly?vgnextoid=9576a9449b631410VgnVCM10000071d60f89RCRD

And looking at building a 3rd in Scarborough at the closed Beare Rd landfill. Funnily enough this land where the park would be built is CofT land. Which is right against the future Rouge National Park. Interesting this part will be.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk