Tabor Mountain- worth the trip

July 7, 2016, 2:51 p.m.

So I hear BC's Northern Capital is getting a bike park.

Anyone want to let us in on if it will be worth the trip? (for me the trip is 4 hours - so I might just come out and give it a look anyway).

July 7, 2016, 6:28 p.m.

Actualy Tabor had about 10 trails and the lift was spinning about 12-15 years ago, I rode it a couple of times its only 15min from town and it was easy to do after work with the long days up narth, it was maybe 20$, I never understood why Tabor didnt keep going other than nailing down the mtb community seemed to be like herding cats

I will ask junior whats up this weekend

edit: I asked how has it changed from back in the day? he sez its not running yet, its sposed to have much better trails more variety in skill level, some big berms, some big jump lines, trails built by large machines

12-15 years ago there was 4 bikes stores now, PeeG has 7 bikes stores, biking at otway looked pretty busy last time I was there … maybe running the lifts will pay this time?

July 7, 2016, 9:45 p.m.

I will be giving it a shot as soon as possible- that being early August. Should be a hoot!

wow, M&M, you're a fucking dick!

don't be so politically correct, this is stacy kohut, not fucking rick hansen your talkin too……..

July 7, 2016, 11:39 p.m.

- Lift tickets will run $35 for adults (over 17) and $30 for kids (16 and under)
- Opening date will be July 16 at 10:30am

Trails were not very well laid out and people quickly grew tired of the hill back in 2006. We'll see if the owners have built anything new. Hopefully they learned from the last go around and hired some actual trail builders this time.

July 24, 2016, 6:38 p.m.

Good news! I haven't been out to Tabor yet but the word is they have some new machine built trails and have also updated some of the older ones. Sounds like it's worth heading out there.