Sun Peaks or Silver Star

March 30, 2011, 3:23 a.m.

Other way around. Charge Sunpeaks when you are fresh then get lazy at Silverstar.

Qouted for being the best idea. Sun Peaks will dry you out.

Coincidentally my DP is a picture of me riding my bicycle at this Sun Peaks location.

March 30, 2011, 11:06 a.m.

Really? I agree there are some "flat and slow" trails at Silverstar if you want, but there's also some sick technical stuff for more advanced riders. I could lap "Flow" all day, for example.

Whenever I've been to SunPeaks, I always find that the trails have some fantastic short gnarly sections, interspersed with long straightaways through and across cow fields. Nothing really "connects" as it were, but maybe I just need to know the mountain better.

maybe you're not as familiar with the mountain. but i agree, detractors at sunpeaks are the shitty cow field sections of arm pump

flow, dags, downtown, prostar, upper pipedream, and a section or two of double dog all provide the goods indeed.

lower pipe dream, the anti-lips on rockstar, and the flat burm trails all give me a softy

March 30, 2011, 3:58 p.m.

You just gotta develop a taste for those shitty cow field sections.

March 30, 2011, 5:01 p.m.

You will not get bored of Sun Peaks, you could ride there every weekend in the summer and not be bored. Silver Star gets pretty boring after about 2 days of riding the barrage of the berms that make it famous.

You should definitely try to get a couple days in at both hills. If I were planning a trip from far off and was an advanced rider looking to get some nice tech trails with a couple of more mellow I would pick Sun Peaks. If I was and advanced rider looking to hit a zillion berms and a few decent jumps and have a novice girlfriend and/or novice friends tagging along I would hit Silver Star.

Keep in mind that Silver Star gets some pretty long lines if the sun is shining on a long weekend 10-15 mins. Sun Peaks does not get those types of line ups I would say 5 mins maybe 10 if there is some sort of event going on.

I mean it's all chairlift access and how can that be bad?

Have fun on your trip and let us know where you went and how it was.

March 30, 2011, 5:38 p.m.

Sun Peaks is a really fun hill near the start and end of the season, gets super haggard middle of summer. Great hill some really sick trails.

Dont care for any of the jump trails at ss aside from pipedream. Rockstar is horrible in my opinion it has no flow. They have some fun blue trails that are all berms but would be boring after a few days. Sunpeaks would be way more fun

http://kamloopsbikes.blogspot.com

March 31, 2011, 11:48 a.m.

It all comes down to your personal preference. I prefer Sun Peaks and find Silver Star kinda boring but thats just me. There are more and better amenadites at Sun Peaks. Silver star looked at me like I was from outer space when I asked for my meal to go. Sun Peaks it's not a problem.

total scam. he put food before beer.

March 31, 2011, 12:15 p.m.

Slow burms? Just a hunch, but I think it may be your lack of abilities slowing you down, not the amazing Star berms.

Oh you said star burms…I read star burns….

March 31, 2011, 8:53 p.m.

Insanity One to Arm Pump is probably my all-time favorite bike park run.

transition bikes

March 31, 2011, 11:09 p.m.

I will agree on that run ,Do not Forget Sweet one . Hey epicrides try to plan your day at S\P around a dumping of rain ,If you go the day after it gets hit it is like a powder day.
I know the Manager of the park I can get discounts I am seriously considering a Seasons pass .Screw Whistler and all of its hype.
I love all those meadow pastures with wild flowers,and Rasberries.
Just beware if you ride S\S in storm season and there is lighting they will shut the chairs down . Could ruin your plans or weekend planning.

"Looks like a Canoe with the seats kicked out of it !"

April 4, 2011, 12:56 a.m.

Insanity One to Arm Pump is probably my all-time favorite bike park run.

It would be mine to, if I ever got the guts to go down that steep ladder on insanity one.

April 4, 2011, 5:59 p.m.

Oh man I love that ladder. No matter how dry the rest of the hill that things always covered in greasy ass mud. I think they finally threw some wire down at the end of the season last year :(

April 4, 2011, 9:11 p.m.

Definitely Sun Peaks over Silverstar. They are both good but the peaks is better.
Sunpeaks DH to Arm pump is my fave. It would be Insanity One to Arm pump. But like the previous people have said. There is a log ladder bridge to death on it that shuts me down :(
Anyone have any vid of Insanity one?

April 4, 2011, 9:40 p.m.

Definitely Sun Peaks over Silverstar. They are both good but the peaks is better.
Sunpeaks DH to Arm pump is my fave. It would be Insanity One to Arm pump. But like the previous people have said. There is a log ladder bridge to death on it that shuts me down :(
Anyone have any vid of Insanity one?

DH to Arm pump is also my favourite. Add the last section of home run while pinned on a quiet day and that run has everything you want.

I like the way the trails at SP carry speed. You're never really pushing to go faster you're just picking better lines and getting off the brakes.

April 4, 2011, 10:10 p.m.

Sun Peaks gets my vote, lots of steep and speed! Not super technical but it has some sweet free ride trails and a few huge booters in the jump park.
http://photos.nsmb.com/showimage.php?i=25434[HTML_REMOVED]c=7

April 5, 2011, 5:36 p.m.

Honey drop at Sun peaks is also pretty sick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n83SQjfA3gA