Sun Peaks!!!

June 28, 2016, 10:37 p.m.

i hear silverstar is better for trail bikes (if that's all you have) than sunpeaks. are there any trails in sunpeaks that are worth paying the price of admission for if all you've got is an 'enduro' bike? silverstar sounds awesome, but considerably further away for a day trip.

I rode Sun Peaks on a rental Commencal DH as I was travelling through. Coulda done it on my Intense Tracer. In fact, when I go back later this summer, I'll just use an enduro rig.

June 29, 2016, 8:33 a.m.

Conditions were so prime last weekend

July 8, 2016, 10:29 a.m.

Headed up on Wednesday/Thursday to ride the park. Should be good trail conditions.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

July 18, 2016, 9:27 p.m.

Rode Sunpeaks last wed-thurs-Fri.
The trails are in the best shape I have ever seen due to the moisture this summer. Was super smooth and tacky.
Highly recommend

Sept. 1, 2016, 4:14 p.m.

Are the xc trails up there worth riding? Looks like we'll be up there this weekend with trail bikes so im thinking one day on the lift, one day of pedalling. Im assuming we dont need to buy any sort of ticket for the xc trails.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Sept. 1, 2016, 4:41 p.m.

Are the xc trails up there worth riding? Looks like we'll be up there this weekend with trail bikes so im thinking one day on the lift, one day of pedalling. Im assuming we dont need to buy any sort of ticket for the xc trails.

Sunpeaks is pretty much classic XC riding unless you hit the park.

You can pay for a single lift to the top of the Sunburst chair and do the ride out to Tod Lake which is a good ride. Or you can just ride up from the bottom on the acccess road instead.
The trails out to Mcgillavry lake are pretty lame, but if you just wanna go for an xc cruise its a mellow ride. I haven't done the Morrissey trails. So can't comment.

http://www.sunpeaksresort.com/summer/interactive-maps/cross-country-biking

Also there is an old dh trail that runs from Just outside Sunpeaks down to Whitecroft. Starts on the left about 3-400 meters after the first cattleguard on your way outta town. Finishes at the double cattleguard in Whitecroft.
Can't comment on what shape it's in.

Sept. 2, 2016, 7:47 a.m.

^^ gnarcroft I believe. Prolly a bit much for us. Now im just hoping that todays rain doessnt turn everything to mud

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Sept. 2, 2016, 8:06 a.m.

^^ gnarcroft I believe. Prolly a bit much for us. Now im just hoping that todays rain doessnt turn everything to mud

Closing weekend, the park is washboard city so says my buddy who is up there this week.
Does dry out pretty fast, but by the looks of the webcam it will be a muddy good time today. We go up every labour day weekend but not this year…. apparently the wife says it can't always be about me.

Sept. 2, 2016, 8:14 a.m.

I'll be up there one day this weekend as well. The mountain is awesome this year, lots of gnar to be had. Still a lot of fun on a trail bike.

I heard gnarcroft got shut down by the powers that be?

Sept. 2, 2016, 8:59 a.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef52D-FJTDg

one of the better webcam edits I've seen.

:canada:

Sept. 2, 2016, 9 a.m.

I'll be up there one day this weekend as well. The mountain is awesome this year, lots of gnar to be had. Still a lot of fun on a trail bike.

I heard gnarcroft got shut down by the powers that be?

Local grom on the lift said it was rideable. Scoped the entrance, looks like traffic has been going thru. Although I also heard there was a different route a bit further down the hill, haven't looked for it.

Sept. 2, 2016, 9:08 a.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef52D-FJTDg

one of the better webcam edits I've seen.

Nice post

Sept. 2, 2016, 8:58 p.m.

Rad. I've never tried to ride but if it exists, all the better.

Sept. 6, 2016, 3:17 p.m.

Saw a full POV of Gnarcroft on instagram that was shot in the past week or so. Can't remember who but it was a pro rider, looked like trail was fully good to go (and huge).

Sept. 6, 2016, 4:22 p.m.

Saw a full POV of Gnarcroft on instagram that was shot in the past week or so. Can't remember who but it was a pro rider, looked like trail was fully good to go (and huge).

Dylan Sheffer or whatever

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKAI3Glj72F/