Sun Peaks!!!

Aug. 30, 2014, 11:27 p.m.

and then it will be all over for another year…

ill be out there doing skids tomorrow though

Aug. 30, 2014, 11:52 p.m.

^^Rode the chair with a couple guys today, part of a bigger group…from Australia…long goatee hair braid…you or your group Liam???
I'm up again tomorrow and Mon afternoon…green RM Switch/white 888's/gold bars..just yell "Loopie!" haha

June 26, 2015, 4:40 p.m.

Opening day was great! All the trails are open and running good!
One free beer Saturday and Sunday with the lift ticket too.

Arm pump was running great, but the lowest part is closed. They put a gravity fed go-kart track in that area. I'm not complaining. Go karts is fun to watch and probably fun to actually do. We'll see if we get around to that this weekend.

Don't expect to get muddy.

June 27, 2015, 8:28 p.m.

Down-hill go karts is worth the money! Do it.

Also, Don't ride Keener. Too much bush.

June 27, 2015, 10:56 p.m.

Ya cheezits…The Mountain Cross Cart looks like decent fun for the price…just waiting to set a time to go with all my Brothers…the competitive scale will be off the chart!HAHA
What kinda times did you guys pull?

The trails are in great shape and the boys have really been doing some nice work…An outstanding first day!
However,
Dear SP…Any plans for the biker-x area? (Like a bulldoze and start over :))

June 28, 2015, 8:36 a.m.

BrotherLu's best time was 1:05:897. Mine was 1:15:018. Fastest time that's been done by anyone is 1:01.
They told us they plan on charging less for additional laps. If you've got a big competitive group and the price of laps keeps going down I can see you being there all day.

Going to be day 3 in the park for us today. Favorite run is Insanity One this year (and last year). Taking Mach into the lower section of Sugar really fun too. We're really enjoying everything on that right side of the mountain and tend to not end up on the biker-x that much anyway.

Aug. 27, 2015, 3:43 p.m.

Anyone know if the pump track is still at sun peaks? Worth bringing the dj for post ride beers and pumping?

Aug. 28, 2015, 2:58 p.m.

Its tiny, dunno if its worth it.

Just hit the jumps at the bottom of the park, way better.

Brock

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Sept. 3, 2015, 10:45 a.m.

Just got back. Didnt take the DJ, but had a blast. Tacky as hell with sun all day yesterday. Little bit of rain overnight, just perfect conditions for steeps.

Sept. 8, 2015, 7:30 p.m.

Had a a great time there last week.
Overnight rain made a for great conditions first thing in the morning…though it dried off quite a bit in the afternoon.
We rented the two Commencal Supremes for the day, but could have done it on our Enduros.
I think we rode every single black [HTML_REMOVED] blue trail on there.
Our favourite run combo was Hi Octane/DH/Holy Roller/Arm Pump….especially the time there was a cow in the trees in Arm Pump.

To top it off, there was less than 30 people riding that day (according to the lifties). My arms were fried.

Sept. 10, 2015, 4:12 p.m.

Was up there for closing weekend.
Trails were a bit beat due to closing the park, but was a ripper time.
Sweet one and Sugar were hit more than a few times.
Too bad they shut down so early. The riding in Sept is the best by far.

June 24, 2016, 8:23 a.m.

i hear silverstar is better for trail bikes (if that's all you have) than sunpeaks. are there any trails in sunpeaks that are worth paying the price of admission for if all you've got is an 'enduro' bike? silverstar sounds awesome, but considerably further away for a day trip.

June 24, 2016, 8:58 a.m.

i hear silverstar is better for trail bikes (if that's all you have) than sunpeaks. are there any trails in sunpeaks that are worth paying the price of admission for if all you've got is an 'enduro' bike? silverstar sounds awesome, but considerably further away for a day trip.

My wife rides sunpeaks on her Kona Process 153.
No problem.

June 24, 2016, 9:19 a.m.

Would say it depends more on what you want to ride: mostly flow or mostly tech?

Silver star is pretty groomed, Sun Peaks is mostly rock and root gnar. There's exceptions for both but limited choices.

June 25, 2016, 11:43 p.m.

I wouldn't hesitate to pick up a seasons pass for SP…on any bike. Pays for itself in like…7days??? Lots of terrain to ride.