Sun Peaks!!!

Aug. 2, 2011, 6:49 a.m.

what are some decent camping spots around Sun Peaks? any good rec sites that aren't too busy on weekends? is camping in the parking lots okay? do they cost anything or free? might be coming up the last weekend in Augest for my bacholor party/riding get together….

There's a rec site on the way up to sun peaks,Heffley Creeck,i think. When we went up opening weekend,there was a huge camp set up in one of the upper lots.Its a preety chill place,not like whistler,where its rape and pillage the second you park your car:cry:

Aug. 3, 2011, 9:57 a.m.

There's a rec site on the way up to sun peaks,Heffley Creeck,i think. When we went up opening weekend,there was a huge camp set up in one of the upper lots.Its a preety chill place,not like whistler,where its rape and pillage the second you park your car:cry:

whats the word on parking/camping in the Sun Peaks parking lot? if its free we may just do that so we can hit a bar and food easy….

mtbskierdad

Aug. 3, 2011, 10:13 a.m.

whats the word on parking/camping in the Sun Peaks parking lot? if its free we may just do that so we can hit a bar and food easy….

There is an RV parking lot (#4) up by the pool past the main hotel area. People camp there all the time. Its a short stumble from all the bars in the village. Camp on the right hand side when you come in. You'll get a few extra minutes of sleep since that side is shaded in the morning.

There is rec site campground about 20km down the hill and one further up the hill towards Chase as well.

Aug. 3, 2011, 3:19 p.m.

T Bone and I had an awesome day of riding on Monday. Maybe my best day at Sun Peaks ever. Conditions were so good! Thanks to Cheryl and Kim for touring us around.

Aug. 3, 2011, 8:08 p.m.

sun peaks is the best bike park in BC

mmmmm private mountain bike park

Aug. 29, 2011, 2:04 p.m.

I had a sweet day up at Sun Peaks on Saturday, went up Friday from Pemby and got to the Heffley creek rec site and crashed for the night and when we arrived the next day a the base some old couple gave us 2 for 1 passes that they would not use and gave another to some chicks behind us, we rode from noonish to last chair (literally) and always no line on a Saturday, more hikers then bikers.

You got some big booters set up around that hill I must say, the pro line under the chair looks butter all around but damn, big gaps. We rode Sugar and Sweet one back to back and that was by far the funnest runs I have rode, the gaps and wood work was really well done with plenty or ride arounds for my buddies. I could ride Arm Pump all day by the way, its addicting to go the fast and float over the bumps and let the brakes go a little and pound into the berms. Scared my lesser skills buds on Honey Drop, but I loved that dusty steepness. A very good stag weekend….

mtbskierdad

Aug. 29, 2011, 2:53 p.m.

IScared my lesser skills buds on Honey Drop, but I loved that dusty steepness.

mmm best trail on that hill :clap:

June 17, 2012, 1:52 p.m.

Pretty sweet video for 2012 opening… http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Silvia-Video-Sun-Peaks-Opening-Video-2012.html

Mark

2010 Transition TR450 - 34.56lbs - the lightest TR450 ever?

A custom build from the good guys @ North Shore Bike Shop

June 17, 2012, 10:40 p.m.

never been - looks like a worthwhile road trip, esp with some of the surrounding Kamloops trails!

June 18, 2012, 8:45 a.m.

I've never been to Sun Peaks but will be there for opening weekend, so am pretty excited as I've heard lots of good stuff about the trails :D

www.essentialcycles.com | www.essentialcycles.shop 

Service, Sales & Repair Shop, Mountain Bike Rentals, Coaching & Guiding

June 18, 2012, 5:44 p.m.

I will be there:rocker:That mountain is awesome,

June 19, 2012, 10:20 a.m.

Im really thinking this year ,that resort .I missed it for two years now,just remember to bring extra brake pads .Im hoping it stays tacky .the place is unreal after a rainfall. most people complain about the dust .See you on the gnar. ill be tailgunning.

"Looks like a Canoe with the seats kicked out of it !"

June 20, 2012, 6:21 a.m.

Garrett and I went opening weekend last year and it as awesome.No dust,It actually snowed at the very top the night we got there.

June 20, 2012, 11:20 a.m.

I think its the same weekend of the bear mount race so bit of a conflicting dates and agendas .Lots of racers will be busy,so mountain should be prime. Its a matter of priority s . You know the dirt will be moist and fluffed ,that trail crew is prob working hard as we speak to make it sensational.

"Looks like a Canoe with the seats kicked out of it !"

June 20, 2012, 4:49 p.m.

Went there end of last season for the first time. Had fun, but I could have used a bigger bike. I felt my bottlerocket got tossed around a bit on some of those extra hammered trails.

viperfunk.com