Sun Peaks!!!

June 30, 2011, 3:01 p.m.

I'd love to hear a trail report from anyone who was riding Sun Peaks for opening day.

Riding is more fun than not riding

July 1, 2011, 7:52 p.m.

Not quite opening day, but I came up today for the first time last night, and it was SNOWING! But we checked the weather and looked like it would brighten up, fortunately I'm sitting at the hotel now staring at the sunshine :D.

Lifts opened an hour late this morning due to snow on the top part of the trails, but at 11 it was good to go! There's not even that much mud, conditions are amazing (the dirt just takes the water and turns it into grip!) Maybe a little greasy at some spots, but not enough to complain about (bring your gogs though). I loved every single trail I rode today, and locals were telling me spots that normally have horrible brake bumps, that were not there today. Steam Shovel (the jump trail) is buff and fun. The single track is fast, grippy and soooo amazing. Come do it! It's a great change of pace from Whistler, and I'm going to beat the conditions are better here right now than they are there. I can't wait until tomorrow and Sunday/Monday should be just as good. Do it, do it, do it,

July 1, 2011, 11:18 p.m.

There's not even that much mud, conditions are amazing (the dirt just takes the water and turns it into grip!) Maybe a little greasy at some spots, but not enough to complain about (bring your gogs though). I loved every single trail I rode today, and locals were telling me spots that normally have horrible brake bumps, that were not there today. Steam Shovel (the jump trail) is buff and fun. The single track is fast, grippy and soooo amazing. Come do it! It's a great change of pace from Whistler, and I'm going to beat the conditions are better here right now than they are there. I can't wait until tomorrow and Sunday/Monday should be just as good. Do it, do it, do it,

zomg Tuesday can't come around quickly enough :fruit:

July 5, 2011, 10:22 a.m.

The conditions are horrible and will continue to be all season at Sun Peaks.

Please stay away…. Thanks

DH-High Octane-Smitty's Steeps-Arm Pump was definitely not epic this weekend.

July 5, 2011, 10:35 a.m.

DH-High Octane-Smitty's Steeps-Arm Pump with the fix they did on those last two berms means you don't ever need to use your brakes, remove them, its just extra weight.

July 6, 2011, 6:57 a.m.

The conditions are horrible and will continue to be all season at Sun Peaks.

Please stay away…. Thanks

^ that

Got a day in yesterday, Honeydrop was not awesome, Kaboom was lame, DH[HTML_REMOVED]HiOctane[HTML_REMOVED]Smittys[HTML_REMOVED]ArmPump was not exciting, everything is slow, no traction.

Save your money, play computer games instead.

:fro:

July 11, 2011, 2:46 p.m.

How's the park looking for this weekend? Is everything open?

July 11, 2011, 11 p.m.

Yup pretty much everything was open last weekend. The only closure I saw was the top of Gummy Bear. Sunday was one of the best days of riding I had at the Peaks! Trails were dialled and tacky!

http://www.bicyclecafe.com/kamloops

July 17, 2011, 4:26 p.m.

Can't stay away, are the trails still sweet?

July 18, 2011, 10:08 a.m.

Can't stay away, are the trails still sweet?

They were awesome last weekend when I was up there. No dust and super hero dirt.

July 18, 2011, 11:35 a.m.

Thank you sir, I think I'll risk getting wet and head up at the end of the week then :D

July 19, 2011, 9:01 a.m.

It's been super good up there. Still lots of moisture and no dust so the trails are excellent.

http://www.bicyclecafe.com/kamloops

July 19, 2011, 10:10 a.m.

Spent the weekend at Sun peaks and it was PERFECT! So fast , no dust. Great shape right now.

Grumpy Trail Builder in Training

Aug. 1, 2011, 7:47 p.m.

what are some decent camping spots around Sun Peaks? any good rec sites that aren't too busy on weekends? is camping in the parking lots okay? do they cost anything or free? might be coming up the last weekend in Augest for my bacholor party/riding get together….

mtbskierdad

Aug. 1, 2011, 10:42 p.m.

Heading up this weekend, hopefully the hero dirt has stayed a little while longer.

Shed head!