Riding from Silverstar to Vernon

Is riding back to Vernon from Silverstar safe or dangerous

Safe
100%
Dangerous
0%
Total votes: 1
Aug. 15, 2020, 5:12 p.m.

Next week I'm staying in Vernon and have a ride up to Silverstar but probably not back.  I'm thinking I would just ride back, Google Maps says it's about a 40 minute ride to the place I'm staying.  Has anyone done this and/or is it safe, realy sketchy?  (As safe as riding on a road can be of course)

Aug. 16, 2020, 9:48 a.m.

I rode up from Kalamalka Lake to Silver Star (on a road bike) and I lived to tell the tale....

When I rode up, the road wasn't busy. I'm not sure whether I'd want to ride down at exactly the same time the lifts shut and everyone else is driving down so maybe just time it to avoid that happening?

Aug. 16, 2020, 3:28 p.m.

You should be fine. I haven’t done it but see lots of people do it. Unfortunately the trails down cross private land (and they are opposed to bikes) and haven’t been maintained for a while. 

Rather than leaving from the village leave from the top of the chairlift and find your way into the Sovereign network to ride Upper Dagamal, dagamal, Rock is the new berm. Kills 2km on the road and puts you on some good tech trails. If you have time hit up Hammered Cow, though after a dray at the park that can be a bit much

Be aware of cars coming down. Some bikers don’t seem to care and take up the whole road, annoying the drivers.