Official SilverStar Thread

Feb. 15, 2011, 11:32 p.m.

I heard rumors a few months ago and if you go on the goatstyle web site it now says that it will be at a resort but it is a secret. Then PB just posted above.

Feb. 20, 2011, 12:58 p.m.

Really stoked for Goatstyle at SS! They should build the course in july :)

i googled majin super gay and this thread came up

March 24, 2011, 3:24 p.m.

March 24, 2011
Hey it's Cam here, awake from hibernation after a long winter's nap. Man, I'm hungry! Anyway before I go foraging through the woods looking for something to eat, here's your first update of the 2011 season.
We are less than 92 days until Silver Star Bike Park opens!

There was a good turnout for the 100-day kick off in the Saloon last week and it was great to see the mountain bike community come out and support the returning of summer. Of course, the $8 burger and beer helped, plus all the great prizes from Sky Ride, Olympia, and Sun Country Cycle!

For those that could not make it, this update is for you and the people that could not follow my ramblings in the Saloon.

With the success of Pro Star for NSMB Air Apprentice, we decided mid-summer to extended the upper section of our newest run down to Paradise. The word on the street, this is not enough!

All the higher-end riders seemed to find their groove on the jumps last summer and are begging for more! Well, look for Pro Star to continue down to Cross Mtn (AKA paved path) this summer.

You will need a little patience though as it is on the wrong side of the mountain. With the great snow this winter the crew will not be starting the extension until after the rest of the park is up and running.

Rock Star will continue to have sections re-vamped. Sections we will be focusing on will be the T-bar jump closer to the top and the series of jumps above Cross Mountain. The plan with T-bar is to try and keep the jump much the same, but re-orientate it in such a way to no longer need carpet in the run out. You will check your speed across the fall line before returning to the main trail. As for the other areas watch for new sections of trail with more consistent jumps and better flow.

The water catchment ditch we were chasing last year is all done! The last area it went through was just above BFW (the wall ride on World Cup. Trail Crew has a few ideas to freshen up that carpet ride, so look forward to those changes for opening day.

Double Dog will get its yearly rebuild in the middle section. Any input can be posted on our facebook page. Just remember this is something that will be plowwed over and re-built every spring.

There is a new hiking trail in the works to get foot traffic off the mountain bike trails heading from the village to the 6-Pack. Hikers will have a much nicer stroll to the lift and the bikers won't have to slalom through families any more.

These are only a few of the things planned for the summer. You are going to have to come up and see what other surprises Trail Crew has up their sleeves. I will update the website as things happen as well. So get our there and enjoy the last week of winter because soon we will be dusting off our XC bikes.

Later!

Cameron Sorensen
Bike Park director

April 1, 2011, 8:59 a.m.

Prices Are Frozen And So Are We Waiting For Summer
Today not only marks 100 days until the bike park opens but it is also the start of early bird season pass sales. Starting this morning you can go online and purchase your 2011 Summer Season Pass or visit the town ticket centre in the village after skiing and purchase in person.

The bike trails aren[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;t the only things that are frozen right now. Season[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;s Pass prices for 2011 are frozen at 2010 bike season prices. I know it might be difficult to think summer right now but season passes go on sale today [HTML_REMOVED]#8211; 100 days until the bike park opens.

This morning at 10 a.m. marks exactly 100 days until the bike park will open on June 24, 2011. Visit the homepage to watch the clock counting down to zero hour when the gates to the bike park will be thrown open for the happy and pumped bikers. Bikers who are currently yearning for the snow to melt so they can ride their bikes and get dirty in the spring mud and visit their favorite trails.

It[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;s going to be a really exciting year at Silver Star this summer and all of us here are really looking forward to it. We[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;ve teamed up with the organizers of Goat Style Jam Festival to bring the competition to the bike park in early August. We[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;ve also got a few plans for some additions to the park as well as some reworking of a few trails but we can[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;t reveal exactly what they are quite yet. You[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;ll have to wait to find out!

Visit the e-store to pick up your summer season pass and think warm thoughts for the coming spring so we can get out there and ride.

April 1, 2011, 9:05 a.m.

This is gonna be sick

http://vimeo.com/21118051

April 1, 2011, 5:19 p.m.

i got opening weekend circled in red on the calendar already… road trip!

May 3, 2011, 7:50 a.m.

This is good news!!!!

Silver Star Bike Park Season's Passes on sale at 2010 Prices
Prices for seasons passes are FROZEN at 2010 rates! So get your seasons pass for 2011 now at the price of 2010. Early bird ends May 31st. It's going to be a great season!

May 5, 2011, 11:33 a.m.

http://www.skisilverstar.com/home_showSection_ID_558.html

May 5, 2011, 12:51 p.m.

Already have the dates set in ink on the calendar, can't wait to shred it again!

Grumpy Trail Builder in Training

May 11, 2011, 4:24 p.m.

Silver Star Bike Park teams up with Fox Silver Star Mountain Bike Park is excited to announce a new partnership with Fox riding gear for the 2011 summer season, opening June 24.
Fox, renowned for making some of the best protective riding gear in the business, joins the mountain as the official supplier of its rental gear.

All of Silver Star’s protective rental gear will be high-end 2011 Fox gear, including carbon Fox V3R helmets and Titan Sport sleeveless upper body protectors. Ian Galbraith, summer business manager for Silver Star, is pumped to be able to bring Fox on board.

“We have one of the best bike parks in B.C. and now we are partnered with one of the best mountain bike brands in the business,” said Galbraith. “This is a huge step for Silver Star to offer an even greater product to our customers.”

Visitors to the rental shop will walk out geared up in high caliber Fox gear, including Fox gloves, Fox Launch Pro knee/shin guards, Titan Pro elbow guards, Titan Sport sleeveless protector, and the Rampage or V3R helmet. Kids/youth won’t miss out either. Fox is providing the highest end youth packages going, complete with V1 riding helmets.

Greg Fox, vice president of sales for Fox USA, said he is eager to associate his brand with Silver Star Bike Park.

“I’m stoked that Fox is now working directly with Silver Star’s Bike Park in providing protective gear for rental on the hill. Silver Star is one of a handful of ski resorts in Canada that are leading the world with developing lift-access mountain bike riding and Fox supports this important, progressive segment of the sport.”

Silver Star will also be carrying Fox gear in its retail outlet Ski Dazzle this summer, including Fox jerseys, upper body armour, gloves, and protective gear as well as Fox’s extensive collection of lifestyle clothing.

Galbraith said anyone who visits Ski Dazzle and purchases a Fox product will be entered in to win a new Fox V3R carbon helmet.

Galbraith said bring major sponsors on board will contribute to the overall growth of the bike park, which expects a record season in 2011. The resort is playing host to a number of events, including the Goat Style Bike Jam Festival, Aug. 11 to 13.

“Season pass sales are much stronger this year, due in large part to events like Goat Style. Bringing on partners like Fox is only going to reinforce that offer of a world-class product. It’s very exciting,” said Galbraith.

For more information on the great products from Fox visit: www.foxhead.com For more information on summer at Silver Star visit: www.skisilverstar.com or Silver Star Bike Park | Facebook

June 7, 2011, 2:43 p.m.

June 3, 2011
I feel Whistlers Pain! I was watching the Trail Crew in Whistler digging out their trails a month ago hoping, praying that mother nature would warm up her cold heart and melt the snow on Silver Star. Turns out she is still a little upset about the way we have been treating her and climate change is real!
For the past week the Silver Star Trail Crew has had three mini excavators going none stop, to the point that we have a rotating schedule so these machines almost don’t turn off! We are dedicated to that June 24th opening and this means we are digging and moving snow and lots of it. On the upper trails there are spots in the trees that are still holding 6+ feet. It is not unusual for us to have snow on the upper sections of the mountain at this time of year but we are 50 - 60% above the normal levels.

However, the silver lining is that the nice thing about the Okanagan is when it warms up it gets hot! And if the weather man is right the heat wave is coming this weekend so keep your braking fingers crossed. With any luck all the lower section will clear of snow and we will get too buffing them with the rest of the crew who are waiting to be put into action.

The plan is to keep those excavators going on the upper half of the mountain to clear as much as possible. We are focusing on Super Star and Rock Star from Hub 1 down to completely clear the snow from those two trails with the machines. The rest of the crew will be working from the bottom up to snow line. If all goes as planned we will have most if not all the trails open from paved path down for opening. Because of the way Down Town and Dag's DH face the sun the most they will probably be open from the top and we hope to have most of Rock Star and Super Star cleared to the bottom.

This is the plan as of today. I will keep you all posted if things warm up drastically and we get more open! Think warm thoughts for us.

Cameron Sorensen
Bike Park director

June 17, 2011, 8 p.m.

One more weekend! anyone else going up from the lower mainland to ride?

June 21, 2011, 3:58 p.m.

Any update on trails in Silverstar this weekend? Contemplating making the drive up..

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

June 21, 2011, 4:07 p.m.

a video… posted today basically everything below mid mountain is open,
rockstar, pipedream, shazam, superstar and world cup DH above mid mountain.

Opening day is almost here! Cam Sorensen gives us and update on the trail conditions and gives some insight into what the trail crew has been up against the past few weeks in preparation for opening, and of course some riding to get your stoke on!
http://vimeo.com/25389166

Me and my bro are driving up friday night

June 21, 2011, 8:38 p.m.

I'm heading up July 2 :)

Can't wait!