Official SilverStar Thread

July 5, 2008, 8:02 p.m.

Is lower Shazam open yet? We'll be up later this month… looking forward to some Silverstar goodness!!

Lower Shazam will be open around the 15-16th8)

July 7, 2008, 11:30 a.m.

heading out for some silver shred later this week. So stoked! I've heard literally nothing but good things about the place! can't wait.

July 7, 2008, 1:34 p.m.

heading out for some silver shred later this week. So stoked! I've heard literally nothing but good things about the place! can't wait.

You wont be disappointed……SS ROCKS!!!

July 7, 2008, 3:16 p.m.

question for SS locs: My wife and I will be staying in Vernon and I get 1 free day for bike park fun. She's a dedicated roadie and not down for a day of riding in the park, but is thinking about coming up anyway. Is there enough going on up there to keep someone's attention all day without riding? Or would she be better off chilling at the beach in town?

I really don't want to end up with her being bored out of her mind and pestering me to leave 'cause I want to make the most of the day y'know.

July 7, 2008, 4:28 p.m.

She would get bored fast in the Village unfortunately. It just doesn't meet the magnitude of a Whistler style setting.

Tell her to chill at the beach all day while you ride the funnest park in BC:fu::lol:

July 7, 2008, 4:29 p.m.

Join the Silver Star Bike Park facebook group

July 9, 2008, 12:09 a.m.

She would get bored fast in the Village unfortunately. It just doesn't meet the magnitude of a Whistler style setting.

Unfortunately he's right, unless she brought the road bike and did a couple laps up and down the mountain road :|:high:

FAMILYBIKERIDE
823/Ringle rear wheel FS!
http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=103825

i went black over two years ago and haven't gone back

July 10, 2008, 4:23 p.m.

Conditions are going to be absofuckinglutely amazing tomorrow! They got a skif of SNOW today:|

July 10, 2008, 10:25 p.m.

I was up there. Cold as hell on the lift, each ride took like 20 mins cus they couldn't run it at full speed. Hail, lift closures for like 2.5 hours and epic fog. Oh ya, TACKY TRAILS WITH NO DUST!

ps. our group of 4 were almost the only ones on the mtn, 10 other riders max, and i only know that because were were all at the lift at once when they reopened the park.

FAMILYBIKERIDE

July 11, 2008, 12:47 p.m.

Hi guys,

Being in desperate need for 'local knowledge' I did stumble across this thread. I am planning on taking a trip to Silverstar after the CrankWorx week, i.e. August 18th to 20th, 2008. Seems like the accommodation offered through the official resort homepage are a little on the pricey side. Hence my question: Can you recommend anything close to the bikepark, inexpensive and decent. Your assistance is highly appreciated and I am looking forward to hearing from you (preferably via PM, thanks).

Happy trails

Phil a.k.a. The Eurosquirrel

Phil a.k.a. "The Eurosquirrel"

July 11, 2008, 4:04 p.m.

Hi guys,

Being in desperate need for 'local knowledge' I did stumble across this thread. I am planning on taking a trip to Silverstar after the CrankWorx week, i.e. August 18th to 20th, 2008. Seems like the accommodation offered through the official resort homepage are a little on the pricey side. Hence my question: Can you recommend anything close to the bikepark, inexpensive and decent. Your assistance is highly appreciated and I am looking forward to hearing from you (preferably via PM, thanks).

Happy trails

Try the hostels….right on the mtn….really cheap and if they arent busy ive heard that you can get bigger private rooms depending on your group.You can also try

www.ownerdirect.com

if i can help ya with anything else just PM me
cheers
sheffy

July 11, 2008, 6:23 p.m.

It was still super soily and wet this morning on the upper part of the mountain. The snow melted fairly quick and everything dried up. Very tacky in the afternoon!

Day 10 was a great success!

July 12, 2008, 6:29 p.m.

Hi guys,

Happy trails

I believe the hostel is around $50/night..

FAMILYBIKERIDE

July 14, 2008, 2:57 p.m.

I'm heading there on Thursday for 4 nights, I'm pretty pumped.

A link to last years SilverStar trip. We don't do hostels…LOL

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?p=1747182#post1747182

Devinci Frantik with Totem Solo, Fox 5.0 Air & Avid Code Brakes.

July 14, 2008, 3:29 p.m.

Thanks guys for all the info and your kind replies. Hostel is booked and I am looking forward to finish my 4-week Freeride BC road trip @ Silver Star.

Happy trails

Phil

Phil a.k.a. "The Eurosquirrel"