Official Coast Gravity Park thread

March 20, 2015, 1:54 p.m.

Just realized you're missing a front brake. That bike ain't WBP allowed. Don't know about Coast.

March 21, 2015, 7:15 p.m.

Nice bike!

Are you only sticking to flow trails and never miss a tranny? If so, you're golden.

I'd curl into the fetal position and let myself die if I took that down some technical single track.

This won't be my only bike, put it that way. I know I'd need a front brake to ride WBP and coast, I don't mind buying another brake to put on when I choose to try coast.
I had to sell my XC bike to make the move, so this will be my primary for a month or two until I can find a used dual suspension.
Plan on sticking to the city/pump tracks/dirt jumps until then, although, I wouldn't mind taking it down a smooth flow run or two.
Had it out today on our single track and some "paved" paths out here, still lots of snow/ice and mud, definitely was a tiring ride trying to keep up with my buddy on his fat bike, but felt good to be out.
Keep in mind everything is very flat out here, steep uphill climbs, short downhill sections (like don't blink short).
If I was doing single track out there I think I'd want something other than a single speed as well.

July 26, 2015, 9:41 p.m.

Just got back from a couple days at cgp, place still rocks. Some new stuff since I was last there and staff were saying a new trail that'll be single black jumps like coastal cruise but smaller and not gaps is coming soon.

Aug. 5, 2015, 10:49 p.m.

Zig Zag, sooooo goooooooodd, but soooooo shoooooorrt

Aug. 6, 2015, 12:02 p.m.

^^^ Nice pic. Is that one of the newer trails? When I rode there in Jan/Feb the top straight section was a fresh loamer, so fun to ride especially inside of a bike park.

Aug. 7, 2015, 10:19 a.m.

^^^ Nice pic. Is that one of the newer trails? When I rode there in Jan/Feb the top straight section was a fresh loamer, so fun to ride especially inside of a bike park.

First trail in this video.

https://vimeo.com/129069230

Aug. 7, 2015, 1:24 p.m.

First trail in this video.

Yep! That's the one. Fun stuff, looks quite worked in now.

Aug. 10, 2015, 8:31 a.m.

just rode the park for the first time on sunday and it is fantastic. And there was no one up there, I think 15 riders total. I know its crankworx, but a sunny sunday in august and 15 riders, gimmie a break! Cummon guys lets get up there and keep this thing going, it is awesome! I will be back soon.

June 26, 2019, 12:16 p.m.

Bumping a zombie thread I know but still seemed the right place to post...

I'm headed here for a day next week.

Ride the shore regularly but total bike park virgin.

Any advise for an intermediate shore rider's first visit? 

I'm 100% comfortable on anything blue on the shore and 90% comfortable on black trails, I'll walk the odd spot especially if I don't feel like I have the eye of the tiger that day, but I'll ride severed, dales, 7th etc with no real issues. 

How do the ratings compare? I

I have no idea what to expect here though - I guess I'll ride dirt wave and just go from there? Any pro tips? Just want to use my time well.

Thanks!

June 26, 2019, 12:50 p.m.

You will be fine on anything up to blacks at CGP.  Only the double blacks (pro-lines) have mandatory gaps and jumps.  You will get plenty of runs in (as they are relatively short).  Just take your time warming up and you will find yourself in the flow of things in no time.  Dont forget the full face and goggles!  Reminds me that I need to get back there for a day and hit some laps again this summer.

Enjoy!

June 26, 2019, 11:15 p.m.

Second that - don't shy away from the red triangle (in between blue and single black at CGP) and single black tech trails, you will enjoy them. Nothing gnarly in terms of technical stuff at CGP, just the big boy jump lines. Make sure you do the short push up to Dynamite Panther it's a fun one.

June 29, 2019, 6:57 p.m.

Was just at CGP the other day. Forgot how fun the trails are there. Super buff. Like Buff Daddy. 

The senders on Devils Elbow are 👌🏽  

Also Lift Off and the Red Triangle on the far left after the logging road split are 🔥. 

New trail Ride or Die looking like a serious stones trail.

Aug. 18, 2019, 8:53 p.m.

Ride or Die still isn’t open. I was told construction is finished and they’ve filmed an edit on it, but don’t want to open the trail until the edit is released. 

There were only just enough folks there to fill one of their shuttle vehicles today. I was surprised it was so calm. If I did my lap fast enough I got right back on the truck at the bottom.

I didn’t get quite the same kick out of the trails as I did in the spring the last couple of years. Usually I feel like I could ride a hard tail there, but it was more dry and rough than I was expecting. Probably typical mid-August bike park conditions, I’d just never been in the summer and the whistler bike park has just spoiled me this season!

Feb. 28, 2020, 8:37 a.m.

Rode Coast last weekend. What a cool spot. Love that it’s so chill. Shuttle up. Ride down. Grab shuttle back up. 

Love that the lunch is so casual too. What a refreshing change to the WBP way of doing things. 

Things that I hope they address over time:

That road

More tech trails would be better. I rode dynamite panther 6 or 7 times and the Devils Elbow and HJ line over and over. It would be super easy to scratch in some loamers and control their traffic by rotation which are open. 

My son who loves flow and jump lines was in heaven.

Feb. 29, 2020, 8:47 a.m.

Posted by: Ddean

Rode Coast last weekend. What a cool spot. Love that it’s so chill. Shuttle up. Ride down. Grab shuttle back up. 

Love that the lunch is so casual too. What a refreshing change to the WBP way of doing things. 

Things that I hope they address over time:

That road

More tech trails would be better. I rode dynamite panther 6 or 7 times and the Devils Elbow and HJ line over and over. It would be super easy to scratch in some loamers and control their traffic by rotation which are open. 

My son who loves flow and jump lines was in heaven.

Had the same experience. Loved the vibe and but would have wanted more techy singletrack. A climbing trail would be great too.

A great way to finish is to follow the dirt road that crosses the park and descend Huggies down to Porpoise Bay PP where you crack open a beer at the beach.