Official Coast Gravity Park thread

Aug. 29, 2014, 12:59 p.m.

spoiled brats. bikepark with more than 3 trails -[HTML_REMOVED] luxury around here

true. living in whistler spoils you undoubtedly. that said i had an absolute blast in sun peaks and would go back in a heartbeat (if they stayed open into september at all!)

Sept. 4, 2014, 5:26 p.m.

Are they going to be open over the winter? Any news on a lift going in? I want to check it out sometime but not if it's busy. Price is a bit eh, with discounted days I pay about $35/day at WBP for 6 days. That said I want to support these guys and think it's a cool idea.

I'm sure this was abnormal but last Monday (long weekend) was absolutely dead. By absolutely dead I mean maybe 15 people riding total. It was my first time riding there and I thought it was awesome. Talked to Robinson and it doesn't sound like they'll get a lift until the number of riders can support a lift. He alluded to major work happening this winter though with a complete re buff of trails and new stuff going in. Hopefully they can get some people riding to raise some capital. I'm still not sure if I'll ever get bored of lapping costal cruise/flight deckā€¦

Sept. 4, 2014, 6:25 p.m.

I think Labour day most people were doing anything but bikes. Was in whistler for the day not riding and never saw more than a 2-3 minute wait for the lift.

Oct. 13, 2014, 8:55 p.m.

I've been meaning to check this park out but all I've seen are huge gaps and massive step ups. Are there any trails for mere mortals? I'm down to jump but it all looks so massive.

Oct. 14, 2014, 1:22 a.m.

I've been meaning to check this park out but all I've seen are huge gaps and massive step ups. Are there any trails for mere mortals? I'm down to jump but it all looks so massive.

The two pro line trails are the ones in all the videos lol. Most are actually pretty mellow and super fun.

Oct. 21, 2014, 12:06 a.m.

Nope. The pro lines are waaay bigger than a-line/dirt merchant and all the other trails are smaller than crank it up.

I think they really f-ed up building that second pro line instead of an a-line size trail. I was actually cheesed off when I rode there. MAYBE I could have ridden the pro lines if I had an aline to warm up on.

Everyone I talked to was mumbling the same thing. I don't think any non pro riders have ridden there more than once.

Oct. 21, 2014, 9:57 a.m.

Nope. The pro lines are waaay bigger than a-line/dirt merchant and all the other trails are smaller than crank it up.

I think they really f-ed up building that second pro line instead of an a-line size trail. I was actually cheesed off when I rode there. MAYBE I could have ridden the pro lines if I had an aline to warm up on.

Everyone I talked to was mumbling the same thing. I don't think any non pro riders have ridden there more than once.

I'm going to check it out some weekend regardless, especially with the new ferry/shuttle/lift combo for $99, but curious about your comment. How are the red triangle and single black trails compared to WBP? Looks like they have a tech run or two and some loamers in addition to the two big jump trails which I am nowhere near good enough to hit.

Oct. 21, 2014, 4:03 p.m.

There's a second pro line, like one other than coastal cruise/flight deck? Sweet!

Nov. 17, 2014, 9:18 p.m.

haven't been since June, anything different since then?

Nov. 20, 2014, 7:03 p.m.

WTF

Just saw the seasons pass price for the CGP.

How much pot do they smoke on the SSC????

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

Nov. 20, 2014, 7:08 p.m.

I haven't been there yet, but if I were to play devil's advocate:

1) They're open year round
2) They're probably bleeding money and can't afford the risk of cheaper seasons passes
3) They really need a chair lift

Nov. 20, 2014, 8:08 p.m.

Want to be a luxury good? Gotta price like one.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Nov. 21, 2014, 8:39 a.m.

How are the red triangle and single black trails compared to WBP?

Red and Single black would be Blue/green runs at Whistler. Like B-line,funshine,smoke 'n mirros, bluseum, Wednesday Night Delight, Del Boca etc.

Dec. 1, 2014, 7:34 p.m.

Was there on Saturday: no snow and the trails were mint. Frozen grip everywhere. Seems like it's worth going anytime of the year!

Jan. 26, 2015, 12:27 a.m.

First time at CGP today. Had a blast! Trails are in great shape and only one day after a pineapple express were pretty dry. The new loamer they just opened up was so fun we had to hit it 3 or 4 times.