Official Coast Gravity Park thread

Aug. 13, 2014, 8:57 a.m.

Would like to bring my son here for a day trip at some point I am just concerned there won't be enough terrain for him to ride? He is ridding the flowy and tech blues in the WBP. Anyone brought there grom here yet?

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

Aug. 13, 2014, 9:29 a.m.

I was also there this last Saturday, and agree with everything TieMyShoe says. Great vibe, awesome people running the park. Sat down with Dylan Dunkerton at lunch and had a pretty cool conversation about the whole park, how it came to be and where he sees it going in the future.
Laps are short, but very sweet. You definitely get a lot of laps in for your day.
I sure hope they get the ridership they need to keep this park going, as they have something pretty special in my opinion.
Im a little scared they wont get the numbers they need (asked one of the staff how many riders were there - 35 for the day) once the summer is over.

Best of luck Coastal Crew!

Keep in mind that the Whistler regulars like me will be looking for a bike park fix in the fall/winter, and Coast Gravity is the only provider. That should keep the numbers somewhat steady.

Aug. 13, 2014, 10:04 a.m.

Would like to bring my son here for a day trip at some point I am just concerned there won't be enough terrain for him to ride? He is ridding the flowy and tech blues in the WBP. Anyone brought there grom here yet?

The Green is really mellow, and blue is not harder than any blues in WBP. If he can cruise Crank It Up and Ninja Cougar, he could probably cruise the Red trails at CGP. IMO, The reds are similar to a smooth short Ninja Cougar, except Doggers has one small Gap, with a ride around.

Aug. 13, 2014, 11:41 a.m.

Keep in mind that the Whistler regulars like me will be looking for a bike park fix in the fall/winter, and Coast Gravity is the only provider. That should keep the numbers somewhat steady.

I sure hope you are right. I have no idea on how much it costs to run/pay staff/maintain the CGP, but with numbers of 30-40/day it just doesnt seem like enough to me? Maybe I am overestimating the running costs…

Aug. 13, 2014, 2:52 p.m.

I sure hope you are right. I have no idea on how much it costs to run/pay staff/maintain the CGP, but with numbers of 30-40/day it just doesnt seem like enough to me? Maybe I am overestimating the running costs…

Yep they are probably just breaking even with truck fuel and repairs as well as paying themselves labour.

Aug. 13, 2014, 9:37 p.m.

That double roller to left fade on "Home Run" though!

Or the lil booter to off-camber root landing on Devils Elbow

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Aug. 13, 2014, 10:23 p.m.

Omg I wanna go back, just to ride flight deck over n over

Aug. 14, 2014, 1:16 p.m.

News on instagram is a CGP 420 pass

From the looks of things, I assume it is a 10 day pass for $420

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Aug. 14, 2014, 2:43 p.m.

I liked dirtwave best.. Finally making it to the landing on the step up made me feel….kind of like a kid again..:)

Aug. 24, 2014, 9:37 p.m.

Anybody heading up tomorrow? coming up solo would love to see some friends out there.

Aug. 28, 2014, 9:56 p.m.

Looks like they bumped up prices from $40 to $60.

Aug. 29, 2014, 9:31 a.m.

50 with pre-register.

Got to say, we were entirely underwhelmed by the whole place. the best thing was camping above a look out further up the road. Long long waits (around 20 minutes with promises to stay open later due to waits which vaporized)flight deck closed on the second day. Good on them for having a dig but i wont be heading back any time soon. 50 bucks each for what amounts to 3 or 4 short trails.

Aug. 29, 2014, 10:13 a.m.

50 with pre-register.

Got to say, we were entirely underwhelmed by the whole place. the best thing was camping above a look out further up the road. Long long waits (around 20 minutes with promises to stay open later due to waits which vaporized)flight deck closed on the second day. Good on them for having a dig but i wont be heading back any time soon. 50 bucks each for what amounts to 3 or 4 short trails.

This was pretty much what I thought as well. Everyone in my group thought they had a good start to developing a great park but we won't be back until that happens. Probably a few years.

Aug. 29, 2014, 10:53 a.m.

spoiled brats. bikepark with more than 3 trails -[HTML_REMOVED] luxury around here

Aug. 29, 2014, 12:44 p.m.

Are they going to be open over the winter? Any news on a lift going in? I want to check it out sometime but not if it's busy. Price is a bit eh, with discounted days I pay about $35/day at WBP for 6 days. That said I want to support these guys and think it's a cool idea.