Official Coast Gravity Park thread

July 1, 2014, 1:03 p.m.

So, maybe I'm doing something wrong here, but I just logged on to the ferry schedule site and what I came up with was $92 for vehicle and 4 person family to go from Horseshoe To Langdale and back the next day.

Was hoping for a day trip to check out the park during a week long trip with my family in Whistler this summer. But it's looking like $160 for ferry and bike park ticket.

Am I correct??

July 2, 2014, 9:05 a.m.

That is correct, the ferries do screw you. The plus is an awesome provincial park at the bottom of the road to the park for families to chill at. If you use an experience card from BC ferries(like a preloaded card) you can save a lot. Those can be purchased at the ticket windows.

It was a $106 dollar day (lift and Ferry) for me and $15 in gas on Monday. In comparison for me, Whistler is $60 fuel and $63 for lift ticket. Totally compatible pricing.

Even though the runs were shorter, the longest I waited for a shuttle was 5 min. 70% of the time you could ride to the truck, load and go. No waits. you could work on your lines and speed, chat to the patrollers about tips and routes. Really cool experience. I will go back this year.

July 2, 2014, 10:32 a.m.

The Experience Card won't help him, as it needs to be loaded with $110 to get the reduced fare pricing.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

July 2, 2014, 11:46 a.m.

The Experience Card won't help him, as it needs to be loaded with $110 to get the reduced fare pricing.

If you are doing one trip, I agree. It was a $115 load for me, I was just posting ideas to save money. I think it should be cheaper on the SSC, but the ferry corp soaks you.

July 2, 2014, 11:49 a.m.

If you are doing one trip, I agree. But I was just posting ideas to save money.

His NorCal location leads me to believe that he'll being doing one trip

July 2, 2014, 5:34 p.m.

at least the fare is return and not one way. glass half full

July 7, 2014, 1:09 p.m.

Yeah, from NorCal. Flying in to Bellingham and then heading for Whistler for a week with the family. Was trying to squeeze in a day to the Coast, but all in all, just too expensive, and a lot of hassle, for one day.

Not to worry, you locals have one less out of town spode to get in your way. ;-)

July 16, 2014, 8:11 p.m.

Anyone know. Of a good b[HTML_REMOVED]b or hotel for one night nearby to the park? Struggling to find something with a one night option. Thanks

July 16, 2014, 9:05 p.m.

Try the Royal Reach??? Right beside a pub on the water so +1. Or the Driftwood is near another pub

Aug. 6, 2014, 7:55 p.m.

How do I use the pre-purchased tickets? The eventbrite app doesn't seem to have a voucher code to enter on the CGP site.

Aug. 6, 2014, 10:05 p.m.

You should've got a PDF in an email of the tickets to print, copy the # off the barcode from that

Aug. 7, 2014, 9:20 p.m.

Yup, the # was in there.

Showed up today, rode some trails, good times were had.

10/10, would bang again

Aug. 7, 2014, 11:30 p.m.

Yeah it's a blast can see myself going a lot in off season

Aug. 12, 2014, midnight

Hit up the park this past weekend.

ferry wasn't to bad, 50 bucks for my over height, over length (thank you saris 4 bike rack…) Delica, plus some 15 per person. 80 bucks bucks total didn't seem unreasonable being that the trip back is free.

Camped on an FSR fri night and headed for the park sat morn. After a short drive down a dusty FSR we reached the entrance (lowered cars be wear… there are water bars and washboard). Upon reaching the parking lot we were met with a friendly greeting and guided where to park, unloaded the vans, and headed to the main tent to get signed in. Music was pumping from a pretty bad ass sound system (you can hear it throughout the entire park) and the general atmosphere was very laid back and chill.

Next we headed to the shuttle tent where we were greeted by Intern, and he recommended we warm up on "Dirt Wave". So off we go, bikes and riders piled into the back of a beat up ford F250 and we headed up what seemed like 45 degree shuttle road to the top of the park. Shuttles run about 8 min apart with only a short 2 min ride to the top. Dirt wave was a very flowy downhill pump track, not much in the way of air but you can carry some nice speed speed though the well built berms and rhythm sections. We then moved onto the red trail, black, then proline. Though they have a double black rating it seems there is no double black trail at this time.

Around lunch time we stopped for a break at the shuttle tent, and grabbed ourselves a few burgers from the BBQ. 15 bucks seemed a little steep at first… but after taking a bite the price didn't seem so bad. Around this time an off road ambulance appeared painted up in "hot wheels" livery. Turns out Ronnie Renner was on a trip up to Crankworx and stopped by the park with his son for some laps. I see why he holds a world record for jumping, and we got to listen to some crazy stories on the shuttle rides to the top.

There is also still no trail map available and we did not find "Flight Deck" until the very last shuttle of the day (4pm). So to find this trail, when you hit the main FSR, turn right and follow it for about 100m, flight Deck is on the left. It looks like there will be a new entrance from Dirt Wave soon, but currently it is just roughed in. I will note though that as fast you start.. you are finished. As the trails are fun they are also very short taking only a couple minutes to complete at speed.

So in closing, the park has a killer vibe and the coastal crew has definitely started something very special. However don't go expecting whistler style iron man runs to the bottom. With limited trail options, laps are short sweet, but you will get many of them in. My only real complaint so to speak is the lack of variation between trails. From one trail to the next they are all very similar, however talking to Intern they have some big plans for the winter season. I look forward to seeing what gets rolled out.

Aug. 12, 2014, 8:49 a.m.

Hit up the park this past weekend.

ferry wasn't to bad, 50 bucks for my over height, over length (thank you saris 4 bike rack…) Delica, plus some 15 per person. 80 bucks bucks total didn't seem unreasonable being that the trip back is free.

Camped on an FSR fri night and headed for the park sat morn. After a short drive down a dusty FSR we reached the entrance (lowered cars be wear… there are water bars and washboard). Upon reaching the parking lot we were met with a friendly greeting and guided where to park, unloaded the vans, and headed to the main tent to get signed in. Music was pumping from a pretty bad ass sound system (you can hear it throughout the entire park) and the general atmosphere was very laid back and chill.

Next we headed to the shuttle tent where we were greeted by Intern, and he recommended we warm up on "Dirt Wave". So off we go, bikes and riders piled into the back of a beat up ford F250 and we headed up what seemed like 45 degree shuttle road to the top of the park. Shuttles run about 8 min apart with only a short 2 min ride to the top. Dirt wave was a very flowy downhill pump track, not much in the way of air but you can carry some nice speed speed though the well built berms and rhythm sections. We then moved onto the red trail, black, then proline. Though they have a double black rating it seems there is no double black trail at this time.

Around lunch time we stopped for a break at the shuttle tent, and grabbed ourselves a few burgers from the BBQ. 15 bucks seemed a little steep at first… but after taking a bite the price didn't seem so bad. Around this time an off road ambulance appeared painted up in "hot wheels" livery. Turns out Ronnie Renner was on a trip up to Crankworx and stopped by the park with his son for some laps. I see why he holds a world record for jumping, and we got to listen to some crazy stories on the shuttle rides to the top.

There is also still no trail map available and we did not find "Flight Deck" until the very last shuttle of the day (4pm). So to find this trail, when you hit the main FSR, turn right and follow it for about 100m, flight Deck is on the left. It looks like there will be a new entrance from Dirt Wave soon, but currently it is just roughed in. I will note though that as fast you start.. you are finished. As the trails are fun they are also very short taking only a couple minutes to complete at speed.

So in closing, the park has a killer vibe and the coastal crew has definitely started something very special. However don't go expecting whistler style iron man runs to the bottom. With limited trail options, laps are short sweet, but you will get many of them in. My only real complaint so to speak is the lack of variation between trails. From one trail to the next they are all very similar, however talking to Intern they have some big plans for the winter season. I look forward to seeing what gets rolled out.

I was also there this last Saturday, and agree with everything TieMyShoe says. Great vibe, awesome people running the park. Sat down with Dylan Dunkerton at lunch and had a pretty cool conversation about the whole park, how it came to be and where he sees it going in the future.
Laps are short, but very sweet. You definitely get a lot of laps in for your day.
I sure hope they get the ridership they need to keep this park going, as they have something pretty special in my opinion.
Im a little scared they wont get the numbers they need (asked one of the staff how many riders were there - 35 for the day) once the summer is over.

Best of luck Coastal Crew!