Official Coast Gravity Park thread

Oct. 9, 2013, 10:17 a.m.

ssc wcdh… i like the way you roll…

Oct. 9, 2013, 10:28 a.m.

In Europe there is a big market(as far as MTB goes) for winter destination riding. I know in the Finale Ligure, San Remo, Triora areas of Italy, riding/shuttling companies actually build their own trails to shuttle clients on.

Feb-April could be pretty good on the SSC for just such a thing.

Oct. 9, 2013, 2:54 p.m.

In Europe there is a big market(as far as MTB goes) for winter destination riding. I know in the Finale Ligure, San Remo, Triora areas of Italy, riding/shuttling companies actually build their own trails to shuttle clients on.

Feb-April could be pretty good on the SSC for just such a thing.

Their winter rainfall is about 1/2 the SSC and the SSC's winter high temperatures are like their winter low temperatures.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanremo#Climate
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibsons,_British_Columbia#Climate

Oct. 9, 2013, 3:15 p.m.

focus on the negative…..

I'm actually heading to Italy today, so I've been keeping track of their weather….their high riding season would line up pretty closely to the SSC. I also don't think you would attract many European riders to the SSC, but I hope I'm wrong. It would likely be a long shot of attracting WC racers/teams but who knows.

You do know that people practice in all sorts of weather though right? I think most of the racers take the winter months off and start early spring which would be just fine. Little damp but I'm sure none of them will melt.

I believe their riding season is just winding down over the next little while and fires back up in March.

Oct. 9, 2013, 3:21 p.m.

Uh Peaty and Nathan filmed their Kranked part here a half dozen years ago here.

Pretty sure I saw Kavorik here yesterday. Knolly riders have been filming over here lately.

Im made of sugar so I don't ride in the wet, plus I don't want my neon shorts to get soiled. But it will be nice to have a place to ride my big bike over here

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Oct. 9, 2013, 3:33 p.m.

also a lot of the coastal riding in Italy is at a higher elevation so they get snow and it gets wet

Most chairlift stuff is already shut down over there.

Also, If they did have a DH track, guys like C4(you listening Cory?) could set up week long training camps in feb/march or have smaller weekend clinics leading up to the BC Cup race season.

They could also run a small race series(hopefully under their own guidance/insurance) to tune people up for the up coming season or run a BC Cup race or 2.

All this stuff is just thoughts as I have no idea what direction they want to go in or who they are targeting for clients.

Shit maybe teams could rent the place for the day so they have a private testing track with their very own chairlift…..

Oct. 9, 2013, 4:05 p.m.

also a lot of the coastal riding in Italy is at a higher elevation so they get snow and it gets wet

Most chairlift stuff is already shut down over there.

Also, If they did have a DH track, guys like C4(you listening Cory?) could set up week long training camps in feb/march or have smaller weekend clinics leading up to the BC Cup race season.

They could also run a small race series(hopefully under their own guidance/insurance) to tune people up for the up coming season or run a BC Cup race or 2.

All this stuff is just thoughts as I have no idea what direction they want to go in or who they are targeting for clients.

Shit maybe teams could rent the place for the day so they have a private testing track with their very own chairlift…..

Specialized is a Coastal Crew sponsor.

Specialized could force Gwinn to train on something that isn't SoCal lame tracks so he can actually keep up…

Oct. 9, 2013, 4:47 p.m.

Press release/videos on NSMB:

http://www.nsmb.com/coastal-crew-announce-coastal-gravity-park/

I included a Google map link there with the topo lines.

Looking at a sat. view, looks like a mix of forest and old cut blocks.

~~~~~~~~~~

This would be really convenient for me as my parents live in Sechelt.

Oct. 9, 2013, 5:02 p.m.

It sounds incredibly awesome (and ambitious). It hope it's successful, and lays the foundation for future projects like this - because two ferries from the Island :swearing:

Oct. 10, 2013, 12:20 a.m.

All the best to them! They have already shown the world the skill they posses for trailbuilding. Hopefully the riders make the most of it. You don't understand how much the Australian dh/freeride scene would kill for something like this.

Oct. 10, 2013, 8:54 a.m.

You don't understand how much the Australian dh/freeride scene would kill for something like this.

You guys all ready have Whistler, what more do you want?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Oct. 10, 2013, 11:04 a.m.

Press release/videos on NSMB:

http://www.nsmb.com/coastal-crew-announce-coastal-gravity-park/

How's that main page commenting system working out? I miss the inside line.

Oct. 10, 2013, 11:23 a.m.

Trying to raise 100 grand to install a lift? Good luck with that.

Pastor of Muppets

Oct. 10, 2013, 12:09 p.m.

How's that main page commenting system working out? I miss the inside line.

Article Discussion board. You'll have to ask Cam [HTML_REMOVED] Morgan that.

Oct. 10, 2013, 2:33 p.m.

Trying to raise 100 grand to install a lift? Good luck with that.

i think they were just shy of $20k after 24hrs