website is blank

Oct. 8, 2013, 12:48 p.m.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Coastal-Crew-Announce-Coast-Gravity-Park-2013.html

Boom

Oct. 8, 2013, 12:58 p.m.

go coastal crew!!!!!

Oct. 8, 2013, 1 p.m.

I'd ride there….

Wonder if they approached Mt. Wash to build…

http://coastgravitypark.ca/

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

Oct. 8, 2013, 1:04 p.m.

….

seems unlikely as they live here etc…

i havnt been invited up yet (im waiting boyz!!:) ) but rumor has it they have partnered up w some local land owners who share their dream for recreational dev here on the SSC.10 yrs ago who knew these guys would have such big dreams?

very exciting stuff !

Oct. 8, 2013, 2:55 p.m.

Insane if it all happens! would definitely ride there, I'd love to know more about the logistics (land ownership, financial backing etc etc), seems crazy ambitious

http://kamloopsbikes.blogspot.com

Oct. 8, 2013, 4:51 p.m.

I'd ride there….

http://coastgravitypark.ca/

blahahahahahahahahahaha….oh that's a GOOD ONE!
and here I thought you'd lost your sense of humour!

Loud Hubs Save Lives

Oct. 8, 2013, 7:31 p.m.

old crappy schoolbus shuttle, selling breakfast burritos and coffee would make a killing…

throw in some Js and Beerz… mega profit.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Oct. 8, 2013, 8:42 p.m.

Awesome idea, and I'd support it for sure. The main problem is that the moment they start to turn a profit (which would have to be from 80% Greater Van riders) they'll get the attention of one of the three mountains with lifts currently sitting idle all summer. If Cypress, Seymour, or Grouse (re)open, they'd be toast. Their competitive advantages would be trail construction and months open, neither of which would trump distance.

Lets hope they open and get a good enough head start so they make it interesting. It'd be nice to see some competition for the biking dollar.

iforonewelcome.com

Oct. 8, 2013, 8:58 p.m.

I hope there is some sort of shuttle offered on the Sechelt side, as that would mean two ferries in order to go ride this new venture when coming from the island. I wish the guys luck on there new venture.

total scam. he put food before beer.

Oct. 8, 2013, 9:28 p.m.

Chill camping setup like Silver Star would be win. $10 a night and some cheap firewood and I'd be there all the time. You could do more for hook-up camping.

I know I would go, but how often would be the question.

Oct. 8, 2013, 11:51 p.m.

Stoked for another bike park! Year round concept is new, sounds good to me. All the best on the build boys, see you next summer.

Oct. 9, 2013, 9:43 a.m.

i'm a bit skeptical they'd be able to draw enough traffic to cover costs though the winter / crappy weather seasons, even with (I assume) reduced open days. certainly going to be a challenging startup given the ferry barrier, and what will have to be a relatively small inventory of trails on offer. that said, I love the concept, and I have no doubt these will be some of the best built trails on the planet. i'm cautiously optimistic, and wish them the best. now if they had teamed up with one of the ns mountains, I think they'd have a sure fire winner on their hands (damn you cypess).

Oct. 9, 2013, 9:56 a.m.

, and what will have to be a relatively small inventory of trails on offer.

I think they already have a small number of trails built and with another full year of building….??

I think with the amount of people they will get, as long as the trails are quality, it should be good. It could be a little tough if they get busy though….no one likes a lift line.

Really at the end of the day, there are so many variables to have a winner.

Hopefully they end up with a nice blend between Whistler and Silver Star….of course only the good things from each.

I don't know what terrain they will be working with but hopefully they can get some good DH tracks going. It could be great to tap into the winter DH training and testing market. Maybe get some WC riders/teams to come and check it out???

Oct. 9, 2013, 10:05 a.m.

It could be great to tap into the winter DH training and testing market. Maybe get some WC riders/teams to come and check it out???

that'd be a cool aspect, yes. hopefully there's a worthy dh line or two going in. ssc wcdh?!! think big!