Knox Mountain Bike Park

July 15, 2016, 7:13 p.m.

Hello peoples,

So I'm in Kelowna for the weekend (with my bike) and wondering if theres any locals. Is it worth pedalling up Knox mountain or should I just be nice to my gf and have her shuttle me up? Any other tips? Any other trails I should check out while I'm here?

Thanks!

July 16, 2016, 9:30 a.m.

I'm not familiar with Knox, but I've ridden Powers, Smith and a bit of Gillard. I'd recommend a few laps at Smith Creek if it's not too far for you (West Kelowna). It's got a good climb trail and some fun descents.

July 16, 2016, 9:32 a.m.

The Knox loop is short, the road is an easier climb. Second Smith, which you have to pedal.

http://mtbtrails.ca/ Author of Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides and Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram

July 17, 2016, 5:50 p.m.

The city and local club have done some excellent work on Knox. I used to live at the base and it always made for a great couple laps.

I would recommend a few rides on the mountain if your in town anyway, finish off with a spin out Paul's Tomb and a quick dip in the lake. A shuttle would take longer to get down than riding down but a great way to get a bunch of laps in quickly.

Smith Creek is a must hit for everyone in my opinion, it is worth the trip across the bridge. Crawford is great but I don't like it in the summer as it is wide open in the sun for lots of the climb up, better in spring and fall.