Kicking Horse Bike Park

Sept. 14, 2015, 10:26 a.m.

I rode the Horse for the first time in 4 years (pre ownership change) and things have changed. The hill has had some decent erosion problems so older trails have a water channel down the middle. Next, there aren't too many runs at KHMR so when they knock out one of the better ones (Blaster) you're left scratching your head.

They are trying new things with Cranky Pants and Swamp Donkey but ever there they aren't up to par with Silverstar. Swamp Donkey is a black dirt table run but the tables aren't super consistent and you'll really want to spend some time to learn what's what.

A crown jewel out there is the T4 option. Gondola up, hike a bike, 14 km descent to Nicholson (requires a drop vehicle). Amazing.

Sept. 14, 2015, 6:23 p.m.

Is Kicking Horse the closest bike park of worthwhile from Calgary?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Sept. 14, 2015, 7:50 p.m.

One thing you should be aware of if riding here, is that the ammenities are decent, but limited….[HTML_REMOVED] they close promptly at 6:00…so if you want to avoid the 26km round trip to pick up beer in Golden, make sure you get the cold ones before closing time or make sure your cooler is stocked.

We'll be back!

Fuck that.

Go into town and have a killer dinner at 1122. Say hi to Dianne. Then hang at the RiverHouse for a bit.

Trust me. You'll understand why, once you go for an evening.

Sept. 15, 2015, 8:04 a.m.

Fuck that.

Go into town and have a killer dinner at 1122. Say hi to Dianne. Then hang at the RiverHouse for a bit.

Trust me. You'll understand why, once you go for an evening.

^^ this^^

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Sept. 16, 2015, 2:28 p.m.

Is Kicking Horse the closest bike park of worthwhile from Calgary?

Fernie is closer? and that is pretty rad.

Sept. 15, 2016, 10:45 a.m.

Heading to Kicking Horse this weekend for a couple days - anyone been up there in the last week? snow?