Heffley Inn (Sun Peaks) - not for bikes!!

July 9, 2012, 6:07 p.m.

We've stayed at the Heffley before - good rates, comfy rooms, good location. So I booked 2 nights for the Canada Day long weekend. I carefully scanned the booking page and their website for policies on bikes and saw nothing mentioned so figured it wouldn't be an issue at a hill where biking is one of the primary summer activities. Wrong.

At check-in I got the waiver noting penalties for bringing bikes into the rooms. As usual, they have some kind of storage room. I explained apologetically that it just wasn't adequate for bikes of this value and so the manager/owner reversed the charges. I thought that was the end of it. Wrong.

I still have a 1-night cancellation fee on my card that the manager/owner refuses to deduct based on their 30 day cancellation policy. No mention of this when he reversed the charges. So its being disputed with Visa.

Maybe I'll get a refund, maybe he'll get by on a technicality. Either way though, do yourself a favor and don't stay at the Heffley. They were just entirely unhelpful, unfriendly, and unwilling to try to find any compromise. Fucking Germans. Not much I can do other than try to help others avoid this problem.

The Cahilty Lodge had no issue with bikes and gave us a better rate.

Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn Heffley Inn

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

July 9, 2012, 6:27 p.m.

Good to know, thanks! do a review on trip advisor.

edit, already has mixed reviews and no bikes…
http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g499150-d587934-Reviews-Heffley_Boutique_Inn-Sun_Peaks_British_Columbia.html

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

July 9, 2012, 10:54 p.m.

I used to work up on Sun Peaks, and the Heffley Inn was the most unfriendly place on the hill. I am sorry that you got screwed over by those folk. They are owner by a German Tour company as you have noted, and it really shows that they only want to cater to their own tour clients. Almost every other place up there is alot better. I like the Cahilty as well.

July 10, 2012, 8:12 a.m.

Snow Creek Villas were good for us on the long weekend.

Call your CC company and get them to reverse the charges. Its worked for me in the past.

July 10, 2012, 1:12 p.m.

^^ can't reverse it, but its being disputed

July 10, 2012, 9:03 p.m.

call up nancy and al . . . they'll get that shit straightened out .

July 2, 2013, 5:24 p.m.

bump for 2013

the Cahilty's stay-n-ride deal is pretty good, service with a smile

July 2, 2013, 5:31 p.m.

^ Thats where we stayed last year and it was pretty good. Stayed at the Fireside this year, also a pretty sweet deal. No issue with bikes either

www.essentialcycles.com | www.essentialcycles.shop 

Service, Sales & Repair Shop, Mountain Bike Rentals, Coaching & Guiding

Nov. 29, 2013, 10:27 p.m.

It would be great to see something like this in Vancouver. It would be fantastic for younger kids to have somewhere to ride and practice without having to get to the shore or travel to Burnaby or Surrey.

Our excellent online 642-999 brain dumps training to success in the 644-906 We also offer latest passguide and hsbc with 100% success guarantee.

Dec. 1, 2013, 1:09 p.m.

I used to work up on Sun Peaks, and the Heffley Inn was the most unfriendly place on the hill. I am sorry that you got screwed over by those folk. They are owner by a German Tour company as you have noted, and it really shows that they only want to cater to their own tour clients. Almost every other place up there is alot better. I like the Cahilty as well.

Ya Stumboeck club! eat! drink! maybe some skiing?