Heaven is a Bike Park

Feb. 11, 2013, 8:21 a.m.

Last summer we visited Silver Star, it was Shannon's first time to any lift assisted park and this is what she had to say about it….

http://www.themountainbikelife.com/2013/02/heaven-is-bike-park.html#

Feb. 11, 2013, 1 p.m.

Great write up, and a nice change to hear from someone who's starting out on the park side of things. Silver Star is definitely on my list this summer.

Feb. 12, 2013, 3:04 p.m.

Great write up, and a nice change to hear from someone who's starting out on the park side of things. Silver Star is definitely on my list this summer.

Thanks, I was a little scared for her especially when we started….but once we got to the top and got rolling we had a blast. We really can't wait to head up again this year.

Feb. 14, 2013, 11:12 p.m.

Tell Shannon that was a great read.

Whistler does have good trails for beginners too though, but when you only see the big airs at the bottom, newbs dont think there are AA greens in the woods, deceiving in that sense

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

Feb. 15, 2013, 9:24 a.m.

Thanks, I will. She loves hearing feedback from her posts.

Yeah, we usually head up to the Kootenays to hang out with friends in the summer so it is an easy stop on the way. I tried last year to talk her into popping up to Whistler for some fun….we'll see how it goes this year. :)

Feb. 16, 2013, 5:31 p.m.

Great post. I'm hoping to introduce my wife to silverstar this year myself.

Feb. 16, 2013, 5:35 p.m.

Great post. I'm hoping to introduce my wife to silverstar this year myself.

Awesome, it's a lot of fun, I hope she has a blast!

Feb. 18, 2013, 5:05 a.m.

Awesome, it's a lot of fun, I hope she has a blast!

Thanks! I'm going to show her your wife's blog post actually.

It sounds like silverstar is going to reopen the xc trails this summer, that should be a good time as well.

Feb. 19, 2013, 10:46 a.m.

That would be awesome, I bet she would love those! I really can't wait to head up again and do a follow up story and if the XC trails are open I would love to show them off too!

March 25, 2013, 6:19 p.m.

Heaven is an (indoor) bike park. The weather has absolutely sucked for months.
For us, it's Joyride 150.
It's a 30-40 minute drive from downtown T.O.

I hadn't been there in a couple years and have since committed to once a week (more or less) visits since my birthday in December.
World Class pumptrack - 3 yr olds pedal the whole thing, intermediate riders pump through it (coasting through the corners) and a whole bunch of skilled riders absolutely rip it.
Never mind the awesome progressive jump lines (and over 100,000 sq/ft of everything else).

If I was the first time through, I would suggest (just like my first visit to WBP or Silverstar) a lesson from a pro, a bargain at 30$/hr) from one of the staff.
I was ready for one myself today and asked at the desk if anyone was available for a teaching session . . .
it was a quiet day and more staff weren't showing up for a while so dude said no.
I was kinda hoping Drew Bezanson (sitting there, behind the desk, Red Bull helmet on, texting someone) would offer up a lesson . . . lol.
The Globe has recently run an article about Joyride with Drew as the host.
He mentioned in the article that he had recently taught a 47yr old to back flip.