Fernie

June 9, 2010, 10 a.m.

Any thoughts? Not a lot of discussion seems to follow Fernie's Bike Park. I know it's no Whistler, and Silver Star deserves all the hype it has been getting, but Fernie always supprises those who visit. The trails are a little more "old school" even though they have some newer machine built trails. I don't think people know what's out there and how good it realy is!

June 9, 2010, 12:10 p.m.

I've been to Fernie on my trip through BC and I liked it a lot. The only downside is the slow lift but the trails are pretty sweet!

June 9, 2010, 1:44 p.m.

The chair is slow, but the trails are fun.

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

June 9, 2010, 3:10 p.m.

I had a great time there, although I thought the trail maintenance was lacking on a few of the trails. The slow chair allows you to ponder your place in the universe.

June 9, 2010, 4:50 p.m.

I rode Fernie about 3 years ago it was awesome i really wish whistler had trails like the ladder ones in Fernie like "aggravated assault" and "alternate flight pattern" those trails were wicked. I think the reason it doesnt get much hype is because of how far from Vancouver it is when there is so many lift access places a lot closer.

June 9, 2010, 6:03 p.m.

Two words: Dirt Diggler.

June 9, 2010, 6:29 p.m.

Trails are just ok…if they want to stay in the bike park game they gotta get on board and step up their game with the other parks.We have rode there before and we werent very impressed… that lift is BRUTAL!!!!

June 9, 2010, 6:34 p.m.

I haven't ridden there in 3 years either, but I agree with the comment on the woodwork trails kicking ass. It had a cute little jump park at the bottom if I remember right. It's worth a visit if you're in the area. And yeah, the lift was slow, but that was nothing compared to having to hang my bike on the back of the chairlift. That sucked.

welcome to the bottom of my post.

June 9, 2010, 7:27 p.m.

We did a week long trip to Sunpeaks, Kicking Horse, Silverstar, Panorama and Fernie - it wasn't our least favourite - but according to our friend, Rocky Mountain Resorts had dumbed it down by getting rid of all the fun stunts/jumps. What they lacked in features they made up with fast, flowy, technical terrain.
Posted via Mobile Device

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

June 9, 2010, 9:39 p.m.

the one lift is super slow, but the other one is quite fast and accesses a lot more terrain. there are definately some fun fast flowy trails, and it's definately worth the trip from Calgary. No lift lines is a bonus for riders, but I guess not the park. I like it because it has what the other mountains don't. Not everyone needs 8 machine built jump trails, some people still like technical riding.

www.travelswithtyler.com

June 10, 2010, 1:11 p.m.

the one lift is super slow, but the other one is quite fast and accesses a lot more terrain. there are definately some fun fast flowy trails, and it's definately worth the trip from Calgary. No lift lines is a bonus for riders, but I guess not the park. I like it because it has what the other mountains don't. Not everyone needs 8 machine built jump trails, some people still like technical riding.

couldnt agree more it definitely has what the other parks dont. the trails with skinny log rides actually took skill to ride they wernt like 5 foot wide whistler ladders.

June 11, 2010, 6:41 a.m.

Fernie rocks, on the hill and beyond. Some great trails in the area, and cheap to stay. The Grizz Inn had some great deals; I'm sure they still do

June 16, 2010, 8:58 a.m.

Da Peach knows what they are talking about. Anyone who has ridden the local trails knows that you go to fernie for them, the hill sucks. They have taken out almost every jump on the hill. They dont give a rats ass about the progression of the hill or the hills potential and the budget for the trail crew is next to nil. If that place is ever going to grow to the potential that it has, the management would have to change completely.

June 16, 2010, 4:31 p.m.

Da Peach knows what they are talking about. Anyone who has ridden the local trails knows that you go to fernie for them, the hill sucks. They have taken out almost every jump on the hill. They dont give a rats ass about the progression of the hill or the hills potential and the budget for the trail crew is next to nil. If that place is ever going to grow to the potential that it has, the management would have to change completely.

Diggler. Nuff said. :smokey:

June 17, 2010, 9:19 a.m.

:agree: