Camping near Sun Peaks and Silver Star

May 18, 2012, 1:22 p.m.

I heard about that [HTML_REMOVED] forgot, is that all summer or just for events like bike races ?

All summer from what I've seen the last two years. Try and get a spot on the right side of the lot, its shaded in the morning and you'll get some extra sleep.

I've also slept in the back of a truck in the gravel lot at the bottom of the lift, we were a far enough away that the golfers wouldn't see us roll out of the truck in the morning. As long as you're not doing anything crazy I don't thing its a big deal.

Silverstar you can stay in the parking lot. When my friends stayed there 2 years ago they had a power outlet and a communal fire pit available.

May 22, 2012, 12:09 p.m.

side of the road works well…

at sunpeaks we camp in the free camping past sunpeaks. they are logging roads and taking a trailer down some of them would be difficult but doable, just be careful what time of year because the bugs will eat you alive back there.

At silverstar we've camped on the side of the road, other than that your looking at a 30 minute drive to get anywhere free and nice. We camp around the corner towards lumby off some forest service roads… nice place with a creek running by the camp but like i said, its a bit of a drive.

if you ride both mountains in a weekend camp around falkland, its about the half way point. in the center of town head by the pub head up the chase falkland road for about 20 minutes, you'll come across 2 or 3 campgrounds and a few places along the creak you can camp.