Yoga with Ryan Leech

Nov. 11, 2010, 4:47 p.m.

Your chance to see if yoga can make you a better rider.

Details here…

Nov. 11, 2010, 5:15 p.m.

Cool.

I've been doing yoga once a week and even with that small amount I notice a difference.

If anyone can make these classes I would highly recommend it.

If you realize it or not, you are stiff…

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Nov. 11, 2010, 10:53 p.m.

So, how do you sign up?

I guess just showing up is a good start.

Nov. 12, 2010, 3:47 p.m.

Thanks Cam for sharing the details!

Yangman, yeah, just show up, no pre reg necessary. There's a waiver to sign for the first time, so come a few minutes early. Hopefully seeya there….

Nov. 12, 2010, 4:06 p.m.

If I was living closer I would be there in a second. I have been doing yoga twice a week since the summer and it has alleviated all my lower back problems and I have yet to be injured since then.

If you have a chance give it a shot!

Rich

I am a vegetarian not because I love animals but because I HATE plants.

It could be worse…you could be on fire.

Nov. 13, 2010, 7:58 a.m.

Darthyoga speaking through Ducati We get to practice yoga with Ryan Leech? That would be so fun!

Nov. 13, 2010, 11:52 a.m.

I've been thinking about giving yoga a try, and adding a biking element with Ryan teaching seals the deal for me!

I'm pretty in the dark about the whole yoga thing though - do you need to bring or wear anything in particular?

Nov. 13, 2010, 1:40 p.m.

Just throw some loose shorts, I've used my Mace shorts before, but make sure you can squat in them without them getting too tight. The less buckles and clips the better. Swim shorts work too. For a top, whatever is comfortable. I've got mats too which you're more than welcome to borrow, I'll have a bunch there.

Cheers!

Nov. 13, 2010, 6:47 p.m.

Don't get a boner like the guy in this one yoga class i went to did.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

Nov. 15, 2010, 8:44 a.m.

Close your eyes, take a deep breath and chant om three times. This is the traditional start to our yoga class and it always sets me at ease. I slip into a relaxed state, my breath takes over and Im ready to go. Last night I was welcomed back after a few weeks off to spend on the bike and afte the last Om I opened my eyes, renewed, and they popped out of my head. The bimbo across from me had taken off her pants.
I wasnt sure where to look after that, the air had cooled as people took notice. Ed, the only man in the class, had a hard time sitting still. Unphased the instructor launched us into our sun salutes and started the poses off with handstand.
For all of you that swing in that direction I'll go into a little detail.
When we practise handstand we usually work in partners, the one doing handstand goes onto all fours with thier head towards the wall and the other stands next to then ready to catch them as they thrust thier legs into the air. Bimbo chose Ed to be her partner and got on her hands and knees, arched her back, aces high and threw her legs at Ed. (Ed has no idea what to do at this point and looks like he may pass out from being so red for so long)
When you go into handstand gravity pulls your belly down to the floor towards your head, when you wearing a bikini, things tend to move around. I am certain this woman is brazillian. Im sure the whole class is certain now.
Next up was a one leg balance, the other leg points out to the front, with your fingers wrapped around you big toe. Not a big deal until we were asked to swing the leg out to the side and hold. Now, this poor bikini bottom has wedged itself into a crevasse and may be lost until savasana. But wait! Here comes the other hand to the rescue, a small finger levers, pokes, pulls and sets the pink, flowery material free, much to the disdain of Ed who, by know, is enjoying the show.
Next time Im in a class with her and she takes off her pants, mine are coming off too. Brazil VS France, bald bikini VS furry thong in a yogic pose off.

Grumpy Trail Builder in Training