Winter Gear: Giro Feature Helmet and Giro Pivot Gloves

Feb. 8, 2012, 1:54 a.m.

Then why did you post that you have been wearing the Feature a tad more than you beloved Hex? Just pulling your leg here, Morg.

The Feature has some ahem features that I enjoy using, such as the limited padding, sturdy construction, and new retention system – plus the aesthetics of a different look and colour match to my pants. It reaches my expectations in a lot of ways, but the bottom line is the Hex fits my head better.

Personally I'm not too sure about the looks of the Giro Feature. It certainly does look better in person and it did fit my head exceptionally well. I'm a bit concerned about the breathability though. Same goes for the Urge Enduromatic. If I had unlimited funds, I'd definitely go with the POC Trabec but I think I'll order a 661 Recon very soon.

Have you tried these hard shell AM helmets on the trail? Even the Urge is surprisingly well ventilated.

Morgan…did i see you on the Bowen ferry this am?

Nope… was driving a bluebird Monashee Pass!

flickr

Feb. 8, 2012, 3:36 a.m.

Have you tried these hard shell AM helmets on the trail? Even the Urge is surprisingly well ventilated.

Nope, no experience whatsoever. I've read some reviews pointing out that it's definitely lacking a bit of ventilation though… I don't exactly care whether my head gets sweaty or not but of course a bit of ventilation would be nice.

Generally speaking, it would be nice to see a NSMB feature that shows and directly compares several AM helmet offerings. Of course helmets always depend on very personal preferences but it would be nice to have a direct comparison of the POC, Urge, Giro and 661 offerings!