Winter Gear: Giro Feature Helmet and Giro Pivot Gloves

Feb. 5, 2012, 11:07 p.m.

We've spent the past couple months with some 2012 Giro product. The Feature helmet is their new hard shell AM offering, and the Pivot gloves are fleece-lined and claim to be waterproof.

Read on here...

flickr

Feb. 6, 2012, 12:21 a.m.

I'm starting to see a resemblance

It's official, you've learned puppy dog eyes.

Solid "short term" review too. You really put those to the test!

Feb. 6, 2012, 12:42 a.m.

almost could rock the puss n boots eyes…those eyes could get you anything

Feb. 6, 2012, 12:49 a.m.

almost could rock the puss n boots eyes…those eyes could get you anything

He's got a little beard too, just needs a little turquoise giro helmet and winter gloves and they'd look identical.

Feb. 6, 2012, 1:42 a.m.

I think I've got a blue steel in the folder as well…

flickr

Feb. 6, 2012, 7:55 a.m.

Horrible color clash from beard and helmet

Feb. 6, 2012, 9:24 a.m.

I am in the market for a new helmet, last one is two years old, has seen a lot of commuting and it does not like the size of my dreads.

Anyways, I thought about giving the Feature a try, since in the past I was always happy with how Giro helmets are sized….but to be honest, at the moment I think it is one ugly helmet now that I have seen it on the head of you, Morg. And no, I do not think that there is a color clash between your facial hair and the helmet.

At the moment, hucknroll is selling the Hex for around the 50 Us$ mark, am thinking of ordering the large one, get it shipped to me door.

Another option I thought about was the 661 Recon….hmmm….like everything else as well, decisions, decisions, decisions….

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Feb. 6, 2012, 9:29 a.m.

Excellent tests I must say. Truthful real world testing. Negatives and positives.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Feb. 6, 2012, 2:01 p.m.

Horrible color clash from beard and helmet

Morgan's kit and beard actually really pop IRL. The photos don't do it justice!

Mighty Riders
On The Rivet Cyclewear
Vallie Components
Novex Clean Delivery Solutions

Feb. 6, 2012, 6:18 p.m.

nice review, motay! i think i might have to look into this Giro gloves for commuting :O

Feb. 6, 2012, 9:33 p.m.

Anyways, I thought about giving the Feature a try, since in the past I was always happy with how Giro helmets are sized….but to be honest, at the moment I think it is one ugly helmet now that I have seen it on the head of you, Morg. And no, I do not think that there is a color clash between your facial hair and the helmet.

At the moment, hucknroll is selling the Hex for around the 50 Us$ mark, am thinking of ordering the large one, get it shipped to me door.

I don't really mind the look of the Feature now that I've worn it for a while. As this is still a growing genre of helmets, we're sure to see helmets that not everyone likes. The POC and the Urge, for example, also have polarized responses. If I was buying a budget AM helmet today, I would still choose the Hex based on its classic Giro fit.

nice review, motay! i think i might have to look into this Giro gloves for commuting :O

I also didn't mention that I did a 140 km road ride on them in December. Great gloves until I let them get stinky :(

flickr

Feb. 6, 2012, 11:02 p.m.

matching your helmet and eye colour….nice to see you in touch with your …er sensitive side…. :)

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

Feb. 7, 2012, 6:27 a.m.

I don't really mind the look of the Feature now that I've worn it for a while. As this is still a growing genre of helmets, we're sure to see helmets that not everyone likes. The POC and the Urge, for example, also have polarized responses. If I was buying a budget AM helmet today, I would still choose the Hex based on its classic Giro fit.

Then why did you post that you have been wearing the Feature a tad more than you beloved Hex? Just pulling your leg here, Morg.

Thanx for rhe response, I would rep you but do not like the Number Of The Beast… ;)

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Feb. 7, 2012, 7 a.m.

Personally I'm not too sure about the looks of the Giro Feature. It certainly does look better in person and it did fit my head exceptionally well. I'm a bit concerned about the breathability though. Same goes for the Urge Enduromatic. If I had unlimited funds, I'd definitely go with the POC Trabec but I think I'll order a 661 Recon very soon.

Feb. 7, 2012, 8:51 p.m.

Morgan…did i see you on the Bowen ferry this am?

working on bowen….with no MTB :stupid: