Whistler Mountain Bike Park Opens 17 Trails

May 23, 2008, 1:11 p.m.

WHISTLER, BC, May 22, 2008- The Whistler Mountain Bike Park is opening bike trails like a kid opening presents on Christmas morning. With great weather on opening weekend leaving those who didn't make it up "park envy", the word is out that the Whistler Mountain Bike Park is in great shape.

With more than three quarters of the lower Bike Park open, riders have plenty of downhill thrills to choose from. During the past week, most of the lower park has been cleared for riding and trail crews are working hard to add more trails to the mix.

Open trails include:
A-Line, B-Line, Crank-it-up, Devil's Club, Crack Addict, Ho Chi Min, Heart of Darkness, Schleyer, Upper Joyride, Lower Joyride, Lower Whistler Downhill, Hornet, Old School, Monkey Hands, Smoke [HTML_REMOVED] Mirrors,Karate Monkey and Lower EZ Does it.

Dirt Merchant to Ripp'n Rutabaga, Detroit Rock City, Clown Shoes and Upper EZ Does It are next on the hit list for the trail crew and will be open for this weekend.

Check out Whistlerbike.com for more info on the Whistler Mountain
Bike Park.

May 23, 2008, 1:26 p.m.

Dirt Merhant say what?

Stoked to hit the park for the first time this Sunday!

Dirt is going to be greeeeeeeeeeesy in some spots…

Dan

www.steedcycles.com

May 23, 2008, 2:15 p.m.

Dirt Merchant to Ripp'n Rutabaga, Detroit Rock City, Clown Shoes and Upper EZ Does It are next on the hit list for the trail crew and will be open for this weekend.

Those two were open yesterday…although I didn't ride em yet so I can't speak of the condition. I vowed not to break myself on the first day!

Trails were surprisingly sick though! Sure it's greasy in spots but not nearly as bad as I expected.

May 23, 2008, 2:28 p.m.

OMG Dirt Merchant this early? It's a miracle! Might be up this weekend to try it out.

May 23, 2008, 3:48 p.m.

sounds fuckin awesome
ill see ya'll on the trails this weekend

May 23, 2008, 4:03 p.m.

May I hitch a ride….. please.

May 23, 2008, 4:09 p.m.

Hey folks,

Just got down from a quick mid-day shred and the conditions are about as good as it gets! TACKY with the odd slick section but nice and cool for ripping.

We are going to crack the upper section of Dirt Merchant which is suprisingly dry, buffed and equipped with pimp new berms. The section below the Rock Drop will stay closed for at least another week while we finish the redesign and let it dry out some more.

All that is really left to add to the lower park is Angry Pirate, Golden Triangle and Lower Whistler DH (which needs a quick repair).

Hope that brings out a few of you that were holding out for more. It is hard to believe how far the trails have come in two weeks but these are the conditions we all dream about!

See you in the line up.
BF

"At what point does a man that needs a shave become a man that has a beard?"

www.brianfinestone.com

May 23, 2008, 4:47 p.m.

Alright man, i can't wait. I'll be up there on sunday for sure. :D

May 23, 2008, 4:58 p.m.

we finish the redesign

what is changing?

Kyle,

"Jesus Christ, This should be an event motherfcker, Chinese downhill fcking slalom" - DO'D on the Crankworx berm busting session on the slalom course

May 23, 2008, 5:11 p.m.

Omg Dirt Merch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 23, 2008, 5:12 p.m.

what is changing?

Kyle,

Something that should have happened a long time ago… going to be super nice.

I have been sworn to secrecy… by order of Harley.

www.steedcycles.com

May 23, 2008, 5:35 p.m.

Rock city is quite good at the moment, hardly any rain on the trail, wood is dry. Havent been down clown shoes yet.

All trails are running super smooth, they done some maintenance on aline today on the section up till the rock drop. Still loads of bumps elsewhere :P

crank is up gotta be the worst for braking bumps at the moment though.

Should be rippin it up tomorrow for the 8th day running :scream:

W Homer Cycles
JamsSite

May 23, 2008, 5:58 p.m.

Opening up what seems to the almost all of the lower trails this quickly after the opening of the park shows the hard work you guys have put in. Thanks!
I know somebody is going to smack me for saying it but….garbo?

wow, M&M, you're a fucking dick!

don't be so politically correct, this is stacy kohut, not fucking rick hansen your talkin too……..

May 23, 2008, 7 p.m.

garb . . . . think of it as a present that you are saving to open later , 'cause it is going to be a while yet .

May 23, 2008, 7:25 p.m.

Something that should have happened a long time ago… going to be super nice.

I have been sworn to secrecy… by order of Harley.

Gah i cant wait to see it!