Wade's Wisdom: What are Your Pet Peeves?

March 29, 2012, 10:21 a.m.

Driving peeves: Ignorance of the stop line. The vehicles FRONT bumper does not pass that line. Do not park your broad ass on the broad line. Do not creep a bit stop, creep stop creep stop creeep stop. Pull up to the line or car in front and stop. If everyone stopped too far back we'd all still be stuck at home traffic would be so lined up.

Trail peeves: Seeing large rocks or dead fall (that are easily moved by one person) with tracks over them. Get off and chuck the dead fall and other crap off the trail now and then. You too hikers.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

March 29, 2012, 2:20 p.m.

wow, whole lotta first world problems going on

Ummm - someone was nice enough to post a definition of "pet peeve" earlier. The defining nature of which is its triviality.

So no, starving to death in a Mogudishu slum is not a pet peeve of mine Cap'n Obvious.

March 29, 2012, 4 p.m.

My pet peeve is when Wade takes a picture of my car for use in one of his NSMB articles.

March 29, 2012, 11:09 p.m.

People who close wheel QR leaverz tight against fork blades or stays so you can't get any fingers under them to open them. I know some people aren't mechanically minded but it might come as a surprise to find that you don't HAVE to carry around a 3ft long screwdriver in order to wrestle the lever away from the frame / fork. These devices are known as 'quick releases' for a reason.

Oh and scruffy English people with crap teeth. Buy a mirror!

treezz
wow you are a ass

March 30, 2012, 10:20 a.m.

5) people walking in the middle of a sidewalk and are really slow and you're on your bike and they ignore you when you say politely "excuse me, please"!!

People who think it is actually OK to ride their bike on the sidewalk? Not only illegal, but douchey to think people WALKING on the sideWALK should move for you? :swearing:

March 31, 2012, 9:57 a.m.

Non-biking:
People who give their kids short form names as their full names like Liam, nope that's actually William, Jenny nope Jennifer, lets keeps some proper concepts here.

Under Armour as causal wear on older dudes with guts…. man its too tight just put a hoodie on.

People at work who don't clean the microwave after they dirty it up.

Bike related:
Does anyone like a claimer?

Weight Weenies who shedding be shedding pounds on their self not their bike.

Bike shop employees who call be bro and can't make eye contact: If you want me to spend money try extending the concept of service too me. Make me want to spend money at your store.

Randomn:
This previous text as I'm falling into far too much negativity. I shall go ride my bike.

Is this a footnote?

March 31, 2012, 4:28 p.m.

PLS. keep your dog (they can't drive) off your lap while you ARE driving………..

March 31, 2012, 11:50 p.m.

My pet peeve is the moment after I hit a young tree following a recent rain or snowfall. The tree dumps everything from it's branches, which is especially inconvenient since hitting the tree means I'm likely laying in a crumpled heap below it.

I'm also not a fan of low hanging branches that get lower in the same conditions. They always give me the worst kind of surprise: a wet slap to the face.

April 2, 2012, 10:41 p.m.

My biggest pet peeve is when people park on he wrong side of the road(facing the wrong way) first of all it is illegal. Second it is dangerous. And third are you really that friggin lazy that you cannot walk across the street or turn around and park on the right side of the street, really get a life. Also related to this is when people park on the sidewalk, it's called sidewalk for a reason.

For these people I will usually jamb their mirror when I walk by, my favorite is the manual mirrors as they can be a pain to change.