Wade's Wisdom: What are Your Pet Peeves?

March 28, 2012, 8 p.m.

People who call dirt loam.

:canada:

March 28, 2012, 8:46 p.m.

The Conservative Party of Canada. Taking this place down a really shit road.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

March 28, 2012, 9:19 p.m.

How about the people that allow them to post anonymously?

Those people? I respect their integrity.

March 28, 2012, 9:28 p.m.

Dog Shit and there owners

March 28, 2012, 9:28 p.m.

Those people? I respect their integrity.

Of course! :lol:

March 28, 2012, 10:14 p.m.

Dog Shit and there owners

People that cannot differentiate between their, there and they're. =/

March 28, 2012, 10:15 p.m.

My biggest pet peeve is city work crews doing road work, or worse, setting up to do road work at 8 am in the morning on a major commuter route.

I mean seriously, they only work until 3, so why do they have to start on site at 8 and make everyone late for work?

I live in Victoria and there are only really two or three major routes into town.

It floors me when city work crews do stuff like this at 8am in the morning:

Down to single alternating lane so they can get this lamp post installed. Really? This had to be started at 8am… you couldn't wait an hour and finish your coffee before starting on it and let everyone get to work on time?

Posting a notice that the work is gonna happen doesn't do crap… there are no alternate routes.

It's just my opinion that some streets should be designated commuter routes and road work should not be done on them between 7:30-9am and 4-6pm. Let the taxpayers get to work and go home.

My blood boils when traffic is slowed down through a construction zone at 8 am just so they can start setting up to work… FFS, just wait till 9!

March 28, 2012, 10:27 p.m.

My biggest pet peeve is city work crews doing road work, or worse, setting up to do road work at 8 am in the morning on a major commuter route.

I mean seriously, they only work until 3, so why do they have to start on site at 8 and make everyone late for work?

I live in Victoria and there are only really two or three major routes into town.

It floors me when city work crews do stuff like this at 8am in the morning:

Down to single alternating lane so they can get this lamp post installed. Really? This had to be started at 8am… you couldn't wait an hour and finish your coffee before starting on it and let everyone get to work on time?

Posting a notice that the work is gonna happen doesn't do crap… there are no alternate routes.

It's just my opinion that some streets should be designated commuter routes and road work should not be done on them between 7:30-9am and 4-6pm. Let the taxpayers get to work and go home.

My blood boils when traffic is slowed down through a construction zone at 8 am just so they can start setting up to work… FFS, just wait till 9!

Ya, but Russ this is Victoria. Traffic lights every 2 blocks and work crews everywhere and yet the streets remain shite! hahaha

March 28, 2012, 10:28 p.m.

People who call dirt loam.

For this reason, Jerry will never be on my list.

March 28, 2012, 10:37 p.m.

Hey 4runner1

Here's a whole bunch of grammatical errors for u 2 correct.

Posted by altrugon at 09:22 AM on 03-28-2012

Oh my god you just served me this on a silver platter. As an immigrant from Europe the pet peeves that you mentioned and deeply burned into my core.

Coffee?

Yes please, I want a espresso. I already took a shower this morning so don't gave me that huge tank of water that you could coffee and don't charge me as if I was buying the entire coffee truck.

Driving

1) Speed limit
Wade's dad, sorry but you are not right. Even if you are respecting the speed limit the left lanes are design for passing another cars, even if this means to exceed the speed limit what is totally legal if you pass a car and then go back to the limit AND the right lane. If you don't believe me read the manual, I had to do it when I got here.
2) Round About
This is NOT an intersection, so if you are coming from the right you HAVE to wait, the one inside the round about have the right to go. You don't believe me? Ask your body shopper about it when you are paying the reparation from your own pocket because ICBC (cough… we all love them) told you you were wrong.
3) Huge SUV.
There it is, in front of me on the right lane, I'm going to pass that huge SUV and… what the f*ck is he doing? How come he changed to the left lane right when I'm going to pass him [HTML_REMOVED]:( I finally manage to pass the SUV and… this can't be real man, another Chinese lady that bought the biggest car she could find to be save and doesn't look at the mirrors when changing lanes. Sure she is safe, but not the rest of us.
4) Motorbikes
Are you kidding me? I get a motorbike to help traffic and I can't pass between car when there is a congestion and I also have to drive as if I was another car? You ICBC guys should do a trip to Europe or Asia, or any other place in the world that is not USA.
5)…. puff this is going to a not end story, so let's cut it here.

HOWEVER

Writing is always dangerous because is hard to express emotion and readers can take the worst of you. My apologize if I offend anybody. I love Vancouver, I love Canada, and I love my live here. Sure there are things you always will complain about it, but that doesn't make you what you are. And not I'm not racist, so don't try to create a huge deal about the Chinese lady, as I said I'm an immigrant too :)

March 28, 2012, 11:09 p.m.

Satn…my comment was meant in fun. Didn't intend to offend.

March 29, 2012, 7:12 a.m.

wow, whole lotta first world problems going on

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

March 29, 2012, 8:08 a.m.

wow lots of people with pet peeves

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

March 29, 2012, 9:39 a.m.

when the milk container gets put back in the fridge with hardly a sip left in it. Is it that big a deal to rinse and recycle?:idea:

March 29, 2012, 10:06 a.m.

when the milk container gets put back in the fridge with hardly a sip left in it. Is it that big a deal to rinse and recycle?:idea:

When you go to drink that last sip and:

A) Grossly underestimate the amount that's left and are forced to chug more than a comfortable mouthful of the sweet cow nectar;

or, worse:

B) Get assaulted by a wall of sour milk that only made its presence known as it was splashing over your tongue.

flickr