Wade's Wisdom: What are Your Pet Peeves?

March 28, 2012, 9:22 a.m.

Oh my god you just served me this on a silver platter. As an immigrant from Europe the pet peeves that you mentioned and deeply burned into my core.

Coffee?

Yes please, I want a espresso. I already took a shower this morning so don't gave me that huge tank of water that you could coffee and don't charge me as if I was buying the entire coffee truck.

Driving

1) Speed limit
Wade's dad, sorry but you are not right. Even if you are respecting the speed limit the left lanes are design for passing another cars, even if this means to exceed the speed limit what is totally legal if you pass a car and then go back to the limit AND the right lane. If you don't believe me read the manual, I had to do it when I got here.
2) Round About
This is NOT an intersection, so if you are coming from the right you HAVE to wait, the one inside the round about have the right to go. You don't believe me? Ask your body shopper about it when you are paying the reparation from your own pocket because ICBC (cough… we all love them) told you you were wrong.
3) Huge SUV.
There it is, in front of me on the right lane, I'm going to pass that huge SUV and… what the f*ck is he doing? How come he changed to the left lane right when I'm going to pass him [HTML_REMOVED]:( I finally manage to pass the SUV and… this can't be real man, another Chinese lady that bought the biggest car she could find to be save and doesn't look at the mirrors when changing lanes. Sure she is safe, but not the rest of us.
4) Motorbikes
Are you kidding me? I get a motorbike to help traffic and I can't pass between car when there is a congestion and I also have to drive as if I was another car? You ICBC guys should do a trip to Europe or Asia, or any other place in the world that is not USA.
5)…. puff this is going to a not end story, so let's cut it here.

HOWEVER

Writing is always dangerous because is hard to express emotion and readers can take the worst of you. My apologize if I offend anybody. I love Vancouver, I love Canada, and I love my live here. Sure there are things you always will complain about it, but that doesn't make you what you are. And not I'm not racist, so don't try to create a huge deal about the Chinese lady, as I said I'm an immigrant too :)

March 28, 2012, 10:10 a.m.

Bike related..
1)I can't stand it when your un-loading the bike or riding up to a trail head and dudes look your bike up and down and don't make eye contact with you or even give a head nod. If you love your bike as much as I do please respect her and me. Stop undressing her with your eyes.
2) The wheel debate.. Does size really make the ride that much better? 29r,650b,26 who cares. Marketing people need to stop trying to shove this $h@t down our throats. I'm bored to death of it.
3) Dudes or chicks that don’t say hi or smile when you see them on the trail. We live and ride in paradise be happy, smile enjoy your time out in the mountains.
4) Young rippers rocking skinny jeans, wife beater and a neck brace in the park. Drives me nuts! Don’t know why but it does.
5) People who don’t take care of their bikes. These bikes that help us hurler ourselves downhills at crazy speed over rough terrain need to be taken care of for two reasons; cause they will last twice as long if kept in good shape and bikes should be treated like people if you take care them they will take care of you.

Driving.. I think this more jealousy then a pet peeve but super cars with "N" stickers on them. Vancouver is full of them and it just boggles my mind every time I see it.

March 28, 2012, 10:19 a.m.

Cyclist Vs Cars debate. There are bad drivers and bad cyclist in each group. Pay attention and Ride - Drive Smart!

March 28, 2012, 10:34 a.m.

Balfaboy and me have the same peeve. Learn to maintain your bike so that when we go ride I don't have to listen to you bitch about how crappy your bike feels and then tell me after the ride that you don't care. Pick up and Allen key already.

March 28, 2012, 11:07 a.m.

My favourite pet peeve is that my wife never screws on the lids for products like ketchup, salsa, pasta sauce, etc. before putting them in the fridge… along comes slow thinking me, take said product out of fridge, shake to mix well and voila, the whole kitchen is now covered in said product… this one kills me.

March 28, 2012, 11:10 a.m.

My pet peeve is people who don't get the one basic FACT about riding trails:

ITS ALL GOOD! ALL OF IT …

uphill, downhill, hikeabike, shuttle, fly, walk, run, death-march, mechanicals, getting lost, loam, flow, mile of bile, vomit comet, aerobic nirvana, hammertime, time to relax, time to contemplate, time to go home, time to ride to work, snow, rain, slush, mud, dust, sunshine, lost my wallet, nearly sh!tting yourself, good riding buddies, riding buddies who suck, people who are faster than you, people who are slower than you, trailwork, secret trails, trails that rock, piling up rocks, trails that suck, sucking wind, even crashing …

ITS ALL GOOD

March 28, 2012, 11:50 a.m.

basically depriving new talent of opertunity, on the basis of experience.

My peeve is people who can't spell opportunity.

You likely won't get one of if you can't spell it.

March 28, 2012, 11:59 a.m.

My pet peeve is all these "pro" riders that have been sponsored for years, soaking up all the dollars and deals and making the up and commers and basically depriving new talent of opertunity, on the basis of experience. How do you get experience, if you don't get the chance. The turn over in this industry is bullshit. The biggest waste of money is this one guy who rides for rotwilde bike and another one that rides for ibis. Just using my right to free speech, but I know there are chicken shits out there that wont like this or let it be read. Oh well.

And how about those chicken shits who post anonymously when they have something controversial to say? That's my other biggest pet peeve.

March 28, 2012, 12:07 p.m.

The thing that pisses me off the most in life are Prejudice people. It's not so much about Black vs. White for example. But more so the general "I'm better than you" attitude. A few examples that piss me off are as follows:

1) Hiker vs. Rider. Hikers seem to think that "This is my trail… get that machine out of here". Ummm, it's a bike.

2) 26er vs. 29er. I live in Ontario, so I see a lot of XC style riders and lot's of 29er riders who seem to think: "This is my trail, get that wanna-be-bike out of here". Ummm, it's a bike.

3)The one that pisses me off the most. It's even stated in altrugon's response noted above. Is racial Prejudice!!!
Altrugon: What point are you making with the "Chinese lady" comment in your rant above?? Does it matter that she was Chinese?
You see, we all have it in us. It seems to be a human traight that we lean on or put down another person because of their wheel and tire size, or because they rock an alluminum frame and you chose a carbon steed. Or I am white and you are black. It's not cool. It's not funny… and it sure Pisses me off!

RIP Trayvon!!
http://necolebitchie.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Trayvon-Martin.jpg

March 28, 2012, 12:12 p.m.

One thing that can absolutely ruin a ride or weekend is people not offering some cash for gas. I own a truck, lots of my friends do not. I don't mind shuttling, heck i don't even mind my truck being dirty ALL the time. Bitch about $15 vs $10 for gas or worse, don't even offer money at all and I may just boil. For the amount spent on insurance and maintenance alone there is a reason that these deadbeats don't own trucks. Don't bitch about pitching a couple bucks.

March 28, 2012, 12:32 p.m.

I plan the ride, confirm shuttles,meet times and locations. You dont show up.
Now your going to get one of those annoying phone calls about how great it was and how the sun came out and shone on our little asses all day even though it rained everywhere else.

Grumpy Trail Builder in Training

March 28, 2012, 12:36 p.m.

Derailleurs

I'm a gearbox-bike nut.

March 28, 2012, 12:48 p.m.

My pet peeve is all these "pro" riders that have been sponsored for years, soaking up all the dollars and deals and making the up and commers and basically depriving new talent of opertunity, on the basis of experience. How do you get experience, if you don't get the chance. The turn over in this industry is bullshit. The biggest waste of money is this one guy who rides for rotwilde bike and another one that rides for ibis. Just using my right to free speech, but I know there are chicken shits out there that wont like this or let it be read. Oh well.

Shame on you.

Bad attitudes don`t get sponsorship either.

March 28, 2012, 12:49 p.m.

Pet Peeve:
Complaints in general.
Everybody always has something to complain about, Stand out from the croud by NOT complaining.

Soak in the day, and ENJOY it, regardless of what it may bring. That is life, Get on with it.

Like Duncan said:
"IT'S ALL GOOD!"

Get out and RIDE, RIDE, RIDE. (and Build too….)

Happy 2012 Everyone

:damn:

March 28, 2012, 12:49 p.m.

people who leave two squares of toilet paper on the roll so they don't have to change it, Ryan