Wade's Excellent Adventure - Official Results and Matt Dennison's Video

June 7, 2012, 1:42 a.m.

It took days of scouring note pads covered in chicken scratch to shake out who would actually be declared the winner of the Fromme Cup, but the time has come.

Watch Matt's video and view the official results here...

flickr

June 7, 2012, 10:07 a.m.

too bad it went down like this. doesn't make sense, but the main thing is that it was a fun event, everyone wins!

June 7, 2012, 10:29 a.m.

so a crew of 12 yahoos on hardtails came down at took 8 of the corporate podium spots. crazy. I hear there was a push by one of the split tail riders to enforce a more accurate count of timing. hmmmm smells like external spandex.

June 7, 2012, 11:02 a.m.

When you're talking about timed sections, people want to see their times!

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

June 7, 2012, 11:07 a.m.

Sharon I'm sure you can go through the endless piles of paper on Wade's table if you want :lol:

flickr

June 7, 2012, 11:23 a.m.

I'm pretty sure that vast majority of participants really don't care one way or the other!

June 7, 2012, 11:27 a.m.

I feel for Wade…I've had the same pile on my desk. These unique events with all the extra timing/tech features/team issues are super complicated. Super fun but those moments post race are not basking in afterglow but rather number crunching and trying to not screw up! Going high tech for the Kings but I'm sure that will have it's hurdles as well….can we just go back to mass start XCs….kidding!

June 7, 2012, 11:45 a.m.

Brett Tippie = King of Stoke.

June 7, 2012, 11:50 a.m.

yet i thought it was supposed to be more of an "adventure" than a race :???:

it's too bad people can't relax and have a good time for an event that happens once a year, and forget about times

im fairly certain this format won't be utilized next year, which is kind of sad since it seemed pretty fun to me!

June 7, 2012, 12:51 p.m.

im fairly certain this format won't be utilized next year, which is kind of sad since it seemed pretty fun to me!

I hope this year's format isn't thrown out due to the results complications. I think the unique format makes the event fun / interesting.

With the above in mind, I'm happy to offer up my help with results data crunching next year.

:canada: :czech:

June 7, 2012, 12:51 p.m.

yet i thought it was supposed to be more of an "adventure" than a race :???:

it's too bad people can't relax and have a good time for an event that happens once a year, and forget about times

Everyone was and is relaxed. Even at the after party when Team Dre heard the winner announced they were pretty chill, they did say "hmm lets have a second look at the numbers."

The format can be used again, you just need to put a spreadsheet ninja on the job of organizing the recording and tabulating of results. I know just such a person that has already contacted Wade and offered her infamous spreadsheet skills for next year.

June 7, 2012, 2:26 p.m.

just post the uncompiled numbers and let people figure out their own if they care

June 7, 2012, 2:47 p.m.

How about next time you've got to be on the same type of bike that you're a part of a team for… Oh yeah I forgot, it totally makes sense that a team specialized rider won it for the 'team rocky mtn'! :P

Awesome event which thanks to the format I thought was definitely more fun for everyone this year, see ya next time. Thanks Wade [HTML_REMOVED] co

June 7, 2012, 3:05 p.m.

there were spreadsheets, that's not the issue. the format of 4 races in one event led to a huge amount of data to be crunched. there were start and finish times for 3 races, plus points to be tallied for the tech sections. it's a lot of information to be processed, and there's no really no fast or easy way to do it.

but it's done now, and i was super stoked to be part of the event and i will definitely be offering to help out next year - whatever kind of crazy format wade concocts!

June 7, 2012, 3:36 p.m.

just post the uncompiled numbers and let people figure out their own if they care

that's what we did with some of the old rippers!

What was my time? I would look at my watch…um we started at about 9:10 and its about 10 :30 or so now so….

We also did manual timing. Its not that difficult, but people do have to write clearly…

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter