Vid/Story/Pics - Danger Dan Returns to The Flying Circus

Oct. 15, 2011, 3:41 p.m.

No ones busted this one out yet, but that vid was Epic. Dan is Epic. That trail is Epic! Remember watchin Drop in when Dan showed the guys the trail. Romaniac was just in awe, totally out of his element. Dans a legend so its good to see he's still doing it, those vids on Vemo are awseome.

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

Oct. 16, 2011, 9:43 p.m.

That was a great little history lesson. I was inspired by him to build trails in my parents backyard after watching the kranked 4 north shore section. Still my favourite video to this day.

total scam. he put food before beer.

Oct. 17, 2011, 11:39 a.m.

That was a great little history lesson. I was inspired by him to build trails in my parents backyard after watching the kranked 4 north shore section. Still my favourite video to this day.

This is the best "Shore segment" ever, it has this raw, focused energy.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Oct. 17, 2011, 12:24 p.m.

I honestly think we have Dan and Digger 2 thank for setting the standard for how inventive trail/Stunt riding can evolve. I also think that bikes evolved into what we ride today because the trails demanded a new type of bike……Thus FreeRide bikes were created. To all trail builders: You herd Dan Use Cedar[Stumps and upright dead snags}. Using dead wood from the ground will create a rotting slimy stunt!
Dan Im coming over to Bowen to film your trails…..One day.

common sense…..Whats common about sense?!

Oct. 17, 2011, 5:51 p.m.

Actually Digger and Dan use lots of dead wood that is on the ground. Virtually all the slats you see on ladder bridges come from dead, fallen cedar trees.

Oct. 18, 2011, 1:04 p.m.

What bike would Dan have been riding back in '98 when it was built? I'm guessing the suspension wouldn't have liked some of those drops :)

Ellsworth? Or maybe that was a couple years later. Yeah, they broke a lot.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Oct. 18, 2011, 2:43 p.m.

Ellsworth? Or maybe that was a couple years later. Yeah, they broke a lot.

Brodie? I remember seeing vids of him and the Flowriders riding Ellsworth frames (JOker first, later different models) after 2000 me thinks.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Oct. 20, 2011, 12:25 p.m.

Brodie? I remember seeing vids of him and the Flowriders riding Ellsworth frames (JOker first, later different models) after 2000 me thinks.

I think it was Brodie, then Ellsworth, Yeti, Banshee, Brodie again and then Racebike.

I actually dig his racebike.

Dec. 29, 2011, 7:28 p.m.

Don't know how I missed this but I'm glad it came back on the best of. I still remember the first time I rode Fromme and seeing that trail thinking to myself that sh%$ is ridiculous! Thanks for bringing back some great memories. I think i might go dust off my old mad max for some nostalgia.

Transition - TOP
Specialized- Demo 8 II
Santa Cruz- Butcher

Still a hack.

Dec. 30, 2011, 12:27 p.m.

damn thats nostalgic… reminds me of growing up on the sunshine coast.
anyone know if dirty little secrets is online?

, however, notice the black guys pants don't leave much to the imajination.

Dec. 30, 2011, 3:34 p.m.

I was with Tam when he filmed Dan and Mike for Brighter. Probably one of the most fun, entertaining and interesting biking trips I've ever had. Dan is a very cool guy and he deserves much respect for everything he has accomplished.

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.