Vid - 5 Days in Pemby with Alex Pro

Dec. 20, 2011, 8:15 p.m.

You are a complete assclown. Ace is right, everyone can bitch and moan that he rioted and yes that was wrong, but he paid the price so why not let him get on with his life? Everyone makes mistakes.

He paid your price. You're just a little easier to buy off I guess.

I have no interest in watching the little Rick'r ride even though I'm sure he can rip.

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

Dec. 20, 2011, 8:18 p.m.

See, I knew this would happen

Pastor of Muppets

Dec. 20, 2011, 8:45 p.m.

It's a shame it happened, Hard Tack, because when it comes down to it, it's a great edit.

Twitter: Stephen_matthws
Instagram: stephen_matthews

Dec. 20, 2011, 8:52 p.m.

See, I knew this would happen

Amazing foresight! I never saw it coming…

Considering how he lied about his involvement until the pictures proved otherwise, and then came out with a pretty weak apology, I don't blame people for still being pissed. All it takes is one stupid move, he made two. There are too many good riders, who have never had a chance to be in the limelight, who deserve it more at this point IMO.

Dec. 20, 2011, 9:37 p.m.

He paid your price. You're just a little easier to buy off I guess.

I have no interest in watching the little Rick'r ride even though I'm sure he can rip.

Thats precious, he paid my price. I fail to see how the loss of all his sponsors, obviously loss of fellow rider support (in some cases), and the impending charges is not paying the price. If you don't want to watch him ride then don't and to the other guy who said that he doesn't deserve our attention that is strictly your opinion, I will still watch the kid shred.

http://kamloopsbikes.blogspot.com

Dec. 21, 2011, 1:20 p.m.

This video, this post was all a bad idea. what the puck could be gained from showing this? anyone could've predicted the flame-up this forum was gonna create. Commencial probably want their bike back now. And think this is gonna bring him back into the fold of enlisted pro riders? should've just gone riding sans video cause now he just looks desperate and trying to hang on to what he had.

Im sorry but the fact this video ever saw the light of day on your front page makes NSMB look pretty transparent. You just perpetuated the whole bro-brah BS, unconditional respect for a sponsored rider, which I hate about the MTB media.

Do what you will with this comment, put it up or not, I could have just signed in and skipped the moderation but for your sake I didnt. The fact that you think this guy deserves to be seen in a positive light, makes me question whether I ever come back to surf this site. Next time post a goddam video of Alex "Pro" going to work off the debt he owes to that contractor guy he fucked over and then I might gain a little respect for him or the people who defend/ make light of his idiotic actions. Wish he had just paid his dues, and faded off into the sunset like any smart person who screwed up would've done.

Everyone probably would've have lightened up on him if he had rolled over his own truck at the end of the video. Totally off topic but that hillybilly mid-box exhaust is just whack. Tell J-Rock you want your 20 bucks back buddy.

I agree. Dumb move, Cam. You seem to have a need to argue with people or something.

Wrong. Always.

Dec. 21, 2011, 1:22 p.m.

Given the gratuitous truck shots and the shot of him drinking a beer it seems like he hasn't learned a whole lot from this experience. Yeah yeah I know the big stupid truck is part of his whole redneck hard-shredding identity or whatever, and that most people here, myself included, typically have a beer at the end of the day…but all this controversy stems from him getting drunk and helping to destroy another person's truck. Given that a truck or beer isn't essential to a MOUNTAIN BIKE edit, this guy showing off his truck and suggesting that he's cooler cause he's drinking shows a real lack of sensitivity to what he got in trouble for in the first place. If I were a professional mountain biker and lost my career because I burnt down some innocent guy's house, the last think I'm going to do in my 'comeback' edit is give a tour of my mansion. Think about how the guy who doesnt have a truck anymore feels when he sees this. This edit doesn't show that Alex Pro is a responsible adult who made a mistake but is trying to overcome it through his riding, it shows that hes still just an ignorant chongo who doesnt understand consequence. Wonder why people think youre a loser bro douchbag because youre a mountain biker? Its not just because of the guy on the hardtail with Monster T`s cutting off kids at the skatepark, its also because of people like Alex Prochazka and shit like this.

Dec. 21, 2011, 1:54 p.m.

Wow I sure wish I was as pure as half the people posting here, and I'm really glad I wasn't chastised for life for some of the really stupid things I did as a kid.

Do you all research the background of every athlete, musician and entertainer before you decide to watch? I sure hope you don't watch any professional sports or enjoy any music then.

Some of you will never feel he can move past this, so why should he bother trying to change your minds. You have the choice not to watch it.

Some people just saw a kid shredding on a bike and it looked pretty fun.

Dec. 21, 2011, 2:16 p.m.

Given the gratuitous truck shots and the shot of him drinking a beer it seems like he hasn't learned a whole lot from this experience. Yeah yeah I know the big stupid truck is part of his whole redneck hard-shredding identity or whatever, and that most people here, myself included, typically have a beer at the end of the day…but all this controversy stems from him getting drunk and helping to destroy another person's truck. Given that a truck or beer isn't essential to a MOUNTAIN BIKE edit, this guy showing off his truck and suggesting that he's cooler cause he's drinking shows a real lack of sensitivity to what he got in trouble for in the first place. If I were a professional mountain biker and lost my career because I burnt down some innocent guy's house, the last think I'm going to do in my 'comeback' edit is give a tour of my mansion. Think about how the guy who doesnt have a truck anymore feels when he sees this. This edit doesn't show that Alex Pro is a responsible adult who made a mistake but is trying to overcome it through his riding, it shows that hes still just an ignorant chongo who doesnt understand consequence. Wonder why people think youre a loser bro douchbag because youre a mountain biker? Its not just because of the guy on the hardtail with Monster T`s cutting off kids at the skatepark, its also because of people like Alex Prochazka and shit like this.

i remember last time I had a gatorade i got hammered brah

WWLMMD?

Dec. 21, 2011, 2:34 p.m.

In a really perverse way, I sympathise a little with all you Alex Pro apologists. I mean, it's really hard to understand why anyone would get mad at a bunch of people lighting stuff on fire, breaking things and picking fights with cops. I also understand how many of you are willing to give Alex Pro the benefit of the doubt and yes, I understand, it's really easy to make mistakes especially when all your bros are with you goading you on (who wants to disappoint their bros???).

On the other hand, I implore all of you, the mountain biking bro, to try and understand my point of view, that of the tax paying citizen who has to endure all of your bullshit (for the second time in 15 years). From the comfort of your parents' basement, I would like you all to consider that I, like your parents, work very hard to pay for a roof over my head (and that of my family) not to mention taxes so that our governments (local, provincial, federal) have the money to pay our public servants to make our city, province and country secure. I think for the most part that they do a very good job and I don't mind paying for the services that our government has to offer. This is how we build community and a strong community is the bedrock for maintaining a high standard of living. A high standard of living is what gives me the opportunity to participate in frivolous middle class conceits, like ridiculous sports where I throw myself down a hill on two wheels.

When one of your precious bros gets together with his precious bros and starts having a big bro party which involves lighting stuff on fire, breaking things and picking fights with police, you're putting on a huge drag on my standard of living. Your bro party costs a lot of money, time and other resources. Not only are you making it hard for me to get home without getting tear gassed, you're damaging a lot of public property which is a drag on my taxes. You're putting the lives of a lot of cops at risk and if they get hurt, that's another drag on my taxes. When a cop gets hurt at your bro party, that means an ambulance that was on standby in case of other medical emergencies has to be pulled away to look after said cop. That puts other people at risk, like the old lady with with health problems or the motor vehicle accident victim or whatever.

Your bro party has a large fiscal and social cost which is entirely unnecessary. But I guess I can sympathise a little bit because 1) your hockey team lost 2) who doesn't want free stuff on robson street???

On the other hand, those of us who pay taxes, including your parents don't like the idea that money has to be reallocated in order to pay overtime for our deserving police, paramedics, nurses and doctors when that money could have been spent on improving services that we elect our government to provide (including parks which contain mountain bike trails, some of which Alex Prochazka may have ridden). Many of us taxpayers frown upon this sort of thing and those of us that witnessed the first stanley cup riot, really frown upon this sort of thing. In fact, there are several of us who don't want another riot to occur in Vancouver ever again regardless of the shame and dissapointment of losing a hockey game. And what better way to remind the bros of our resolve than to make an example of bros like Alex Prochazka? If Alex never finds another sponsor again I think it would serve to set a really good example for anyone who decides to throw another bro party the next time the canucks lose a stanley cup.

Sorry bros but I don't think Alex is done paying the piper.

PS bros,

nice shirt bro

^well said

Dec. 21, 2011, 2:51 p.m.

Wow I sure wish I was as pure as half the people posting here, and I'm really glad I wasn't chastised for life for some of the really stupid things I did as a kid.

8 months does not a life make. You also seem to have learned from your mistakes.

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

Dec. 21, 2011, 3:06 p.m.

Do you all research the background of every athlete, musician and entertainer before you decide to watch? I sure hope you don't watch any professional sports or enjoy any music then.

Some of you will never feel he can move past this, so why should he bother trying to change your minds. You have the choice not to watch it.

Some people just saw a kid shredding on a bike and it looked pretty fun.

Anything that you, or I, or anybody in this thread may have done in the past pales in comparison to the magnitude of Alex's fuck up. I'm pretty sure that throughout my life I wasn't representing large corporations with my image. So those stupid things you did as a kid are excusable considering that the worst that may have happened was you getting grounded. Alex went out knowing full well that his image represented, Oakley, Target, Commencal Young Guns, Evoc, Shimano and however many other companies that supported him.

Participating in a riot that stained the image of Vancouver is not something that is forgotten lightly nor should be.

I troll shitty posters like yourself, because it's amusing to watch you skidmarks get all riled up.

Dec. 21, 2011, 3:14 p.m.

8 months does not a life make. You also seem to have learned from your mistakes.

this isn't chastisement, this is internet retribution

fuck you alex! is chatisement

Dec. 21, 2011, 3:38 p.m.

The more I think about this being posted here, the angrier I get. It's only been 6 months since the riot. Talk about rubbing salt into our wounds. Jeez, maybe we can watch some highlights of that numbnuts water polo guy swimming some laps or something. What a fucking winner.

Wrong. Always.

Dec. 21, 2011, 4:11 p.m.

Nothing in this video is of interest to me…