Vid - 5 Days in Pemby with Alex Pro

Dec. 21, 2011, 11:38 p.m.

Notice how the majority of the positive comments in this thread are by people with real names for interwebz handles?

What's that have to do with anything?

I hold no personal hatred towards Alex Pro. I've conceded that people get caught up in the moment to do stupid things. Honestly though can anybody tell me that this video has done anything to redeem Alex's image in the eyes of the public. Was this video a good idea? Judging from the discussion going on here (and elsewhere) I'd say it wasn't. He made a mistake yes but the magnitude of that mistake was huge. Whatever your personal feelings towards Alex look at what he was part of (what a lot of people were a part of) and it's impact on Vancouver's image. That we rioted not once, but twice over a silly game. All the pride that had been built during the Olympics shattered in one night. I don't hate Alex, but I don't respect him at all and as such I still haven't watched this video.

What do I want out of Alex Pro? Nothing, I don't want to be reminded of the night I felt ashamed to be Canadian.

I troll shitty posters like yourself, because it's amusing to watch you skidmarks get all riled up.

Dec. 21, 2011, 11:45 p.m.

^^ nice post. I think your last few lines sums things up well.

Dec. 22, 2011, 12:44 a.m.

What's that have to do with anything?

Because someday I might end up riding with one of you and i'm gonna introduce myself as Andrew and your gonna be like hey, your that guy from nsmb and i'm gonna say yeah, who are you? And your gonna be like i'm richard or whatever. We'll ride all day and have a blast then we'll part ways.

Sometime in the future I might figure out that "richard" also goes by the name clownmittens or whatever and i'm really gonna get pissed off cause I gave the you beer and shuttles all day long when really I should have been dusting you out lap after lap as you pushed your bike up the hill all day by yourself.

You see, I value someone with a solid opinion who isn't afraid to stand behind it 100%. When I come visit this site and read a person named clownmittens telling alex pro to fuck off, I can't help be spit beer out my nose in laughter. Your just another internet cowered who's too afraid to stand behind their own opinion.

I'm sorry I picked on you clownmittens, your name just cracks me up, and your real name probably isn't richard, but you were acting like a dick so it seemed fitting.

Listen vancouver, the only people that are tarnishing your image are the people that won't let the riots go. I think I speak for the rest of the world when I say that nobody gives a shit, we forgot about it a long time ago.
Do you go to the bar after you've been dumped and tell every girl in the place that you just got dumped? NO, you make sure that everyone in the bar sees YOU take home the hottest piece of ass in the whole place.

So let alep pro go and let vancouver heal already.

transition bikes

Dec. 22, 2011, 12:57 a.m.

Because someday I might end up riding with one of you and i'm gonna introduce myself as Andrew and your gonna be like hey, your that guy from nsmb and i'm gonna say yeah, who are you? And your gonna be like i'm richard or whatever. We'll ride all day and have a blast then we'll part ways.

Sometime in the future I might figure out that "richard" also goes by the name clownmittens or whatever and i'm really gonna get pissed off cause I gave the you beer and shuttles all day long when really I should have been dusting you out lap after lap as you pushed your bike up the hill all day by yourself.

You see, I value someone with a solid opinion who isn't afraid to stand behind it 100%. When I come visit this site and read a person named clownmittens telling alex pro to fuck off, I can't help be spit beer out my nose in laughter. Your just another internet cowered who's too afraid to stand behind their own opinion.

I'm sorry I picked on you clownmittens, your name just cracks me up, and your real name probably isn't richard, but you were acting like a dick so it seemed fitting.

Listen vancouver, the only people that are tarnishing your image are the people that won't let the riots go. I think I speak for the rest of the world when I say that nobody gives a shit, we forgot about it a long time ago.
Do you go to the bar after you've been dumped and tell every girl in the place that you just got dumped? NO, you make sure that everyone in the bar sees YOU take home the hottest piece of ass in the whole place.

So let alep pro go and let vancouver heal already.

Hi my name Is Ben Drew and I strongly disagree with your opinion

Dec. 22, 2011, 7:56 a.m.

I was watching a national news program last night which re-capped life in Canada throughout the year. In about half an hour Vancouver got mentioned once. Can you guess what the subject and footage shown was about? It wasn't house prices or crackheads just to narrow it down a bit….

Despite taking the piss mildly, I did enjoy reading about the new Whistler peak trail that he is / was involved in building. Personally I'm not going to watch a self promotion vid though.

treezz
wow you are a ass

Dec. 22, 2011, 9:25 a.m.

Seriously Alex, you need to hire an image consultant, ditch the rednick, beer swilling 4x4 personna and get your head on straight if you want to get some credibility back. There's little wonder this film would get people riled up as this is a sensitive topic and you clearly have done little to change opinions on the matter. Time to grow up.

Dec. 22, 2011, 10:58 a.m.

Andrew, your comment has to be the best thing I have read on this thread.
I agree with you 100% that "the only people that are tarnishing (your) image are the people that won't let the riots go"
and this quote is awesome:
"Do you go to the bar after you've been dumped and tell every girl in the place that you just got dumped? NO, you make sure that everyone in the bar sees YOU take home the hottest piece of ass in the whole place"

I have no doubt that Alex knew that this edit would bring all the anonymous haters back out of whatever slimy hole they live in. But he made it anyway, because he loves riding bikes, and getting other people stoked to ride too. I have got to say I was blown away by the hate from the digital mob at the time of the riots, and I can't believe it is still going on. You are negatively affecting people's lives way more than the rioters have. And I don't hear any of you apologising.

Good on you Alex, awesome video, thanks for getting me stoked!

Dec. 22, 2011, 11:21 a.m.

My favourite part is when he nails that pre hop onto the big slab on Creampuff…that's so burly. Also sending that PHD rock roll instead of rolling it is pretty insane too! This video wasn't even filmed after the Canucks lost that game, it was filmed in May/June…the video was going to come out of the editing workshop regardless.

stevens knows what's up, probably because he wasn't afraid to press play on a mountain bike video on a mountain biking site, from a dedicated and talented mountain biker.

Video was good, case closed.

Twitter: Stephen_matthws
Instagram: stephen_matthews

Dec. 22, 2011, 12:02 p.m.

Are the shittalkers in this thread leaning on the waterpolo player just as hard?

Water polo player? Harder because it's a stupid sport. Haha. IMO.

Missy Giove? Not as hard because shipping pot isn't as bad as lighting cars on fire and rioting IMO.

Myles Rockwell? Don't know the circumstances so I won't comment.

Wrong. Always.

Dec. 22, 2011, 12:08 p.m.

I'm not sure what you are suggesting here. That I shouldn't express my actual opinions? If you are suggesting that I shouldn't point out what I think is an injustice, like the criticism of Alex's parents, you are talking to the wrong guy. Perhaps you think I should serve up some politically correct spew because it would serve my business interests? I'm sorry to inform you that I am more interested in integrity than I am in business.

Do you have say as to what articles are posted at NSMB? If so, then I'm suggesting you have an "inner woody woodpecker shit disturber" side. If that isn't your responsibility then I offer my sincere apologies and a reach-around.

Wrong. Always.

Dec. 22, 2011, 12:14 p.m.

What melodramatic b.s.

It smells like a bunch of hypocrites in here (spare time+boredom+self righteous)

Good to see Alex back and shredding, killer vid.

I don't think it's unreasonable to still be ashamed and disappointed at a small segment of our population 6 months after the fact. What a bloody disgrace. I need more time before I can even think of these chumps as people.

I will say one thing though. Based on the pictures I've seen of those charged so far, it's safe to say that most of them can blame their mothers for fetal alcohol syndrome. I don't know what Alex Pro's excuse is…just a stupid, spoiled-rich-kid/redneck.

Wrong. Always.

Dec. 22, 2011, 12:29 p.m.

well said Dave. And yeah, Stephen, that pre-jump into the rock is burly as hell. so blind coming into it. But I already knew that the kid has balls of steel!

Dec. 22, 2011, 1:48 p.m.

I had no idea that so many folks were this petty and vindictive that a video of a former pro rider would send them off the rails,

it seems like the angriest people in this thread are supporters, most people are just saying that they don't care what he does.

this was definitely worth posting and discussing IMO

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Dec. 22, 2011, 2:41 p.m.

I was a little crabby yesterday but got to thinking about this again and wanted to add this…

First off, I watched the vid and man, what a killer flick. Alex, I would love to shred with you one day. Seriously!

To the haters, in an e-world where rep points, views and number of hits are the name of the game, the riot is almost doing him some good. If you really wanted to send the message home, you should have said nothing at all. Imagine Alex logging on here in a week to see how his vid went over and finding out that nobody even cared enough to reply, not a single view, not a single reply.

That would have send a much greater message I think.
If I were in alex's shoes, i'd use your hate to fuel my fire/comeback.

Shred on.

transition bikes

Dec. 22, 2011, 3:29 p.m.

Do you have say as to what articles are posted at NSMB? If so, then I'm suggesting you have an "inner woody woodpecker shit disturber" side. If that isn't your responsibility then I offer my sincere apologies and a reach-around.

Yes I have a say and if you to take the time to read the rest of my response, my reasoning is laid out very clearly. Let me know what you think when you take the time to read it. Who knows, you may change your tune a little.