The Richie Schley Chronicles

Nov. 5, 2008, 5:05 p.m.

I loved this short video, made me want to go ride a bike. Also made me want to find some of these trails in our back yard, might beat going to the bike park, good riding, good vibe and wicked trails. Not much more you can ask for, and the added bonus is I might have a chance of doing half of those stunts, lines and jumps. Gives me something to shoot for. Nice work guys.

Shed head!

Nov. 5, 2008, 5:59 p.m.

Schley and Simmons were the two riders that got me off the XC bike and onto a dually in the first place. I am in awe every time I see these riders.

As other have mentioned, I respect the courage and determination to do all the tricks but, honestly, couldn't care less who pulls the next no-foot-one-finger whatever. Smooth, fast riding on natural trails is where freeriding started and there it shall stay for me.

Great vid - makes me want to go riding.

Nov. 5, 2008, 6:17 p.m.

I thought it was a pretty good video overall. I mean if Richie produced and edited it, then it's really good for a non pro. I'm not sure if it was my computer or not but I found some of the clips to be a bit catchy, gitchy and unsmooth. I could deffinetly tell this was Darcy's filming though. Good video Richie. -EricP.

Founder/Director/Producer

Fault Line TV

www.faultline.tv

[email protected]

Nov. 5, 2008, 7:12 p.m.

i thought it was a good vid, no idea what the complaints regarding the building angle are about.

he totally gives credit to the builders and never claims to be one so…there you go.

Nov. 5, 2008, 7:17 p.m.

Freeriding in it's truest sense, awesome footy. I agree, slopestyle and jumps are pretty trick, but do nothing for me.

Nov. 5, 2008, 7:58 p.m.

Schley and Simmons were the two riders that got me off the XC bike and onto a dually in the first place. I am in awe every time I see these riders.

Great vid - makes me want to go riding.

Kranked 3 anyone? THE video which got me going in this sport. Wade, Brett, Richie and the rest of the guys………this little vid kinda reminded me of that stoke that K3 gave me……

Shed head!

Nov. 5, 2008, 10:57 p.m.

If someone new on the scene stepped up and made a self promotional video like that they'd get laughed out of the slopestyle arena. :)

Nov. 5, 2008, 11:55 p.m.

good thing mtb'ing isn't about slopestyle…. a good vid is a good vid, no matter who's in it.

:canada:

Nov. 6, 2008, 2:47 a.m.

good thing mtb'ing isn't about slopestyle

give it another couple seasons and the "focus" will have shifted

probably "extreme uphill" or it may go full circle and back to natural scree descents, hucks and big 'ol jumps ;)

Mythic / Da Kine / Esher Shore / Freeborn

http://hampsteadbandit.blogspot.com/

Nov. 6, 2008, 3:11 a.m.

If someone new on the scene stepped up and made a self promotional video like that they'd get laughed out of the slopestyle arena. :)

Yeah, they would seeing as thankfully that video has nothing to do with slope style. I dont think they'd be laughed out of the dh or freeride arena though.

RIDE BIKES. DIG TRAILS. DRINK BEER. TALK CRAP

Nov. 6, 2008, 8:43 a.m.

I'm not sure what the relevance of your post is but anyone new on the "scene" can only dream of having the longevity that Schley has had in this sport. In fact anyone new on the "scene" should have a long look at Schley's work ethics and businesss model if they want anyone to even know their name next year when the next greatest thing pulls off the next greatest trick.

Schley's been in it since the early days and looks like he just enjoys the sport, making a living doing what he loves to do. He doesn't wow the kids, and I guess that makes him an easy target for the critics.

He produces a clip of a mountain biker riding his mountain bike in the mountains. It's what some of us having been waiting for.

Nov. 6, 2008, 8:51 a.m.

Are you making a deliberate concerted effort to say stupid things all the time ?? You're not quite batting 100% but you've got to be up there.

Nov. 6, 2008, 8:57 a.m.

richard is a fine young man as well as a talented mountain biker . i wish him well in this endeavour .

he has represented himself as a consummate professional throughout his career and now he is moving into a different phase . much like an actor who is comfortable in front of the camera , richard now has a desire to be behind the camera as well .

Nov. 6, 2008, 9:26 a.m.

Loved the vid. Made me wish I had hit that big gap/hip up in Pemby.

Schley is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. He gives the "creative trailbuiders" in the area props a the beginning and folks say he isn't giving them enough.

If he says the name of the builder/trail, it's gonnna a total shitstorm.

I think he played it the right way.

Nov. 6, 2008, 11:22 a.m.

He produces a clip of a mountain biker riding his mountain bike in the mountains. It's what some of us having been waiting for.

I couldn't agree more