The Richie Schley Chronicles

Nov. 4, 2008, 10:58 p.m.

Now that Richie no longer rides for the big productions he's decided to produce something on his own - with some help from Darcy Wittenburg.

I really like a lot of the riding he shows us.Maybe there is a place for riding that isn't quite as out of reach for the average rider. Looks like a lot of fun to me - or it would be if I had the nerve to ride some of that stuff.

Have a look and tell us what you think.

The Richie Schley Chronicles.

Nov. 4, 2008, 11:55 p.m.

refreshing to say the least….. that flick is what's freeride is to me.

:canada:

Nov. 5, 2008, 12:10 a.m.

those trails and stunts looked fun, great work on the video too

Nov. 5, 2008, 12:13 a.m.

Solid riding and sweet hits.

Just like Peter North films.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Nov. 5, 2008, 1:29 a.m.

Better than Chlorophilla.

Nov. 5, 2008, 4:26 a.m.

Is that a teaser or the entire thing? Either way I loved it, even if the music wasnt my cup of tea and seemed slightly incongruous with the old school riding. That's the kind of riding I love watching. Fast, super slick and smooth, natural trails being shredded with style. Im frankly sick of watching kids backflip front flip super flip and flying spagheti monster flip. It's impressive but I can't relate to it on any level.

That's the type of riding that got me into FR and DH, watching Schley and Simmons convinced me to trade in the xc bike for a big bouncer many moons ago, I've never looked back.

If it is a full dvd I'll be buying it……now when are we gonna see the Wade Simmons chronicles?

RIDE BIKES. DIG TRAILS. DRINK BEER. TALK CRAP

Nov. 5, 2008, 7:14 a.m.

Pretty sweet how he maintains his image by not thanking anyone who built those trails he's riding.

Nov. 5, 2008, 7:26 a.m.

Nice little vid.

Amazing that he has made a life out of what he does. Kinda jealous I will admit. Who is that Wade Simmons guy? ;)

Does anyone know the band that sings that song. Same band from "Seasons"

Cheers!

Dan

www.steedcycles.com

Nov. 5, 2008, 7:34 a.m.

Pretty sweet how he maintains his image by not thanking anyone who built those trails he's riding.

so in all other films they're doing this? or should only schley do this?

Nov. 5, 2008, 7:37 a.m.

The band is the Sessions. Vancouver based I think. Good band.

That vid is sweet.
That is the type of riding I do
That is the type of riding I like to watch
That is what Freeride mountain bike is

I know there are a few more old school guys, but the Schley and Simmons segments will always be the best for what I can relate to.

Nice work

Nov. 5, 2008, 8:16 a.m.

some sick building in there!

Nov. 5, 2008, 8:21 a.m.

so in all other films they're doing this? or should only schley do this?

I love this type of excusery logic.

Everyone who profits from someone elses efforts (obviously not limited to biking films) should be giving credit where credit is due.

Just because other films neglect to thank the people who build the trails they are filming on (or worse yet allude to the fact that they are building those trails) does not give Mr. Schley a pass.

That was a great film. I really enjoyed how well they managed to capture the greenery.

They also managed to really demonstrate how burly the rock lines were, which is something many a film has completely failed at.

With the popularity of freecaster do you think we will see more shorts like this? I actually enjoyed this a lot more then the full length movies I have seen lately.

-D

Mean People SUCK! Nice People SHOVEL!

Trails For All; Trails For Weather

Nov. 5, 2008, 8:40 a.m.

He doesn't name names, but he does give props to the builders for making dope shit to ride. About 1:20

Check my stuff for sale!

Nov. 5, 2008, 8:49 a.m.

great riding, It got me all pump and ready to go rip.

Can anyone tell me the name of most trails? I can only recognize the area but I mostly never seen the trails.

Nov. 5, 2008, 8:57 a.m.

I like it.

Obviously he's doing maintance/building, because why would they feature nails and trailbuilding tools in a film that likes to emphasize his personality, or am I dazzled?

Anyway feel yourself lucky to have those opulent trails and creative trailbuilders around!