The EGO bike - Electric assist for your DH rig

Jan. 12, 2011, 9:31 p.m.

Go up with power and go down with gravity.

Check it here...

Jan. 12, 2011, 9:56 p.m.

Do we really need to make mountain biking accessible to fat lazy people?

Jan. 12, 2011, 10 p.m.

Yes we do. And while we are at it, lets smooth it out and make it easier to coast down too. All I see is a crappy motorcycle. I will be flamed shortly.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Jan. 13, 2011, 12:02 a.m.

I fail to see the point in this. It defeats the entire purpose of mountain biking.

:fruit:

Jan. 13, 2011, 12:07 a.m.

Why don't we rig up a full suspension recumbent with one of these ego things so you can ascend and descend mt fromme in complete comfort? Better yet, let's build a fully suspended tandem recumbent so you won't be distracted while you day trade on your ipad while your chauffeur negotiates the trail.

Jan. 13, 2011, 3:20 a.m.

Why don't we rig up a full suspension recumbent with one of these ego things so you can ascend and descend mt fromme in complete comfort? Better yet, let's build a fully suspended tandem recumbent so you won't be distracted while you day trade on your ipad while your chauffeur negotiates the trail.

Hell we could just watch helmet cam footage of someone else riding!

nah but seriously… not for me.

Keith Scott
Banshee Bikes Designer
www.bansheebikes.com
http://bansheebikes.blogspot.com

Jan. 13, 2011, 6:50 a.m.

Sorry…. FAIL.

Jan. 13, 2011, 6:53 a.m.

also… that noise! One of the reasons I love riding, is that I get to be outside surrounded by nature… the noise would drive me mad, and detract from the whole experience.

Keith Scott
Banshee Bikes Designer
www.bansheebikes.com
http://bansheebikes.blogspot.com

Jan. 13, 2011, 7:57 a.m.

Two words: Trials Motorcycle.

Mountain biking is expensive already compared to trials moto's. If you want the climb to be a technical party as well as the down it's hard to beat, especially on a smile/$ ratio.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Jan. 13, 2011, 8:11 a.m.

Set it up like a "Strutter Bubble".

Jan. 13, 2011, 8:26 a.m.

Forget that motorcycles exist, I would be all over that. Turning a DH bike into something you can access more areas? Sign me up. Plus, it still is classified as a bicycle, and bicycles are allowed in 99% more places that engines are, so that just appeals to the dirtbike rider in me.

Jan. 13, 2011, 9:07 a.m.

I fail to see the point in this. It defeats the entire purpose of mountain biking.

You ok with lift accessed riding though or does that defeat the purpose as well?

viperfunk.com

Jan. 13, 2011, 9:30 a.m.

News flash! "Motorized bicycles" have already been in production for longer than anyone reading this has been alive. The Japanese have already perfected and streamlined the process. You can purchase one of these very powerful and high-tech motorbikes right in your home town for less than a new dh bike. Be warned, though, these "motorbikes" have already been banned from most great riding areas decades ago.

Jan. 13, 2011, 9:31 a.m.

Forget that motorcycles exist, I would be all over that. Turning a DH bike into something you can access more areas? Sign me up. Plus, it still is classified as a bicycle, and bicycles are allowed in 99% more places that engines are, so that just appeals to the dirtbike rider in me.

this is why it's a bad idea. Just go to a resorts with chairlifts. Trail access is bad enough.

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

Jan. 13, 2011, 10 a.m.

I think people are just pissed because this tool allows riders at a lower fitness level to access the same trails as them. Kind of like a cheat.

Well, that's about the same as shuttling and lift access in my books. I won't buy one, but have no problems with others using it.