The Chromag Pilgrimage

Feb. 12, 2014, 3:11 a.m.

On a ride with 1300 metres of ascending, 300 of which was with slogged with bikes on our backs, hardtail riders with their stubby stems and long travel forks pushed the pace both up and down. I concluded there must be something in the water in Whistler, and I had to find out what it was. I began scheming on a new build.

The Chromag Rootdown. It'll make you wanna beast a grunter.

flickr

Feb. 12, 2014, 7:18 a.m.

Can't wait to make my pilgrimage. Having seen this bike in person I can attest to how right this bike looks.

Jon-boy.

Feb. 13, 2014, 10 a.m.

The Pilgrimage is worth it, I love my Surface, but regardless of the bike frame that you buy, the fact that Sean was so chill and casual, the experience of peeking behind the curtain of a bike company and meet the people that create the frame you love is awesome.

If a Chromag is on your list from an Aperture to a Road frame, I say make the trip up. Few things are more baller then a 100 mm Ranger stem on your road bike. :)

Feb. 13, 2014, 12:06 p.m.

Does Chromag sell from their Whistler warehouse/office direct to schmos?

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Feb. 13, 2014, 8:09 p.m.

jcl is gonna be so mad

You know you went to far when even Tungsten thinks your a Jack Ass.

Feb. 13, 2014, 10:40 p.m.

^ why?

Oldfart, I would shoot an email to the Chromag guys if you are looking for something. I am totally a joe-schmo, and they were great. Sean was great at trying to find out what I wanted and give me options. Pick up or delivery, frame, frame with build kit, or built bike. Those were all options that they would provide. Customer service without being fake nice or too 'bro'.

The only thing I learned is that from Thursday afternoon until Monday morning, there would be no emails or communication. It wasn't a bad thing at all, because more businesses should take time to recharge and ride. It went along way to help form my opinion of their business. I used to think that it was a silly logo that guys bought in to with bling bars and a retro torque line, yea bears grabbing their nuts!, big whoop. Now I am sold on the frame, and I have the same connection to it as my first xc bike in 1994. Truly awesome.

It is a great feeling to get on a bike that you want to see how rowdy you can get, climb a tonne, and just play. I still love my Blur 4x but my Chromag suits me better and I feel more capable because of it. IMO, that is what a bike should be.

Feb. 14, 2014, 7:43 p.m.

Winter hardtail ride?

Shed head!

Feb. 14, 2014, 9:54 p.m.

Winter hardtail ride?

i think its set for feb 23rd

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Feb. 14, 2014, 11:28 p.m.

Yes I believe it was the 23rd.

flickr

Feb. 14, 2014, 11:29 p.m.

i think its set for feb 23rd

Thanks, I tried looking for the other thread and couldn't find it. Chromag FTW.

Shed head!

Feb. 14, 2014, 11:31 p.m.

Was it in the hardtail thread? Or the 29er thread? Too many threads!

I wanna see that TRL in the flesh, Fasia.

flickr

Feb. 15, 2014, 12:05 a.m.

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=158572[HTML_REMOVED]highlight=Feb+23rd[HTML_REMOVED]page=2

Haha found it, and it was another Chromag related thread to boot:)

Shed head!

Feb. 15, 2014, 9:05 a.m.

^ why?

Oldfart, I would shoot an email to the Chromag guys if you are looking for something. I am totally a joe-schmo, and they were great. Sean was great at trying to find out what I wanted and give me options. Pick up or delivery, frame, frame with build kit, or built bike. Those were all options that they would provide. Customer service without being fake nice or too 'bro'.

The only thing I learned is that from Thursday afternoon until Monday morning, there would be no emails or communication. It wasn't a bad thing at all, because more businesses should take time to recharge and ride. It went along way to help form my opinion of their business. I used to think that it was a silly logo that guys bought in to with bling bars and a retro torque line, yea bears grabbing their nuts!, big whoop. Now I am sold on the frame, and I have the same connection to it as my first xc bike in 1994. Truly awesome.

It is a great feeling to get on a bike that you want to see how rowdy you can get, climb a tonne, and just play. I still love my Blur 4x but my Chromag suits me better and I feel more capable because of it. IMO, that is what a bike should be.

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=158311[HTML_REMOVED]page=8

You know you went to far when even Tungsten thinks your a Jack Ass.