Ten Edit Commandments - What to Omit

Feb. 23, 2012, 11:06 p.m.

I'd like to ensure that this was written from a very light-hearted point of view. The opening few paragraphs describe myself as a wanderer of the net, someone who has grown up watching and learning from others video talent. Not once did I ever describe myself as an expert in this stuff, nor did I claim that a "violation" of these incredibly "serious commandments" we've drummed up was a bad thing. I respect the people who can turn out edits, it's an impressive use of creativity. Talk about blown out of proportion.

If you'll kindly turn your attention to the sister-thread Stephen Matthews' - Top 3 Edits I think you'll see that i've chosen ones with Intros, outros, story lines, slow motion, all styles of music, commentary, sponsor logos, etc. Each of the chosen edit's is accompanied by a written explanation of why I loved them so much.

There was nothing negative written in the article. It's merely goofy 1 liner examples that accompany some of the more overdone themes in the everyday edit.

Twitter: Stephen_matthws
Instagram: stephen_matthews

Feb. 24, 2012, 12:17 a.m.

How 2012 is this.., some dude writes a great article, its funny, some great points, etc, etc, and then he feels the need to come on the comment section and basically apologize all while kissing the people asses he was making fun of in he first place.
I do believe they are selling testicles at Costco these days pretty cheap.Stop by and grab a set. And you say your from Cowtown….yeah right.

lol calgary

// What's Good // F U N E R A L // Ultramontane // DEEP SIX //

Feb. 24, 2012, 12:35 a.m.

Worse than Pinkbike over here.

Me. Car/Web Work. Twitter. FFFFound.

Feb. 24, 2012, 6:36 a.m.

Interesting article (and discussion too). What I personally miss in many of those films/edits are good stories. Everything is so damn good, the riding, the light, the tech aspects … but there's rarely more depth.

I'll chime in with a little clip from the Alps. Not sure how much of a story we've managed to show, probably it could be better in that area. There's no big air (except exposure), no stunts, no high-speed, no HD steady shots … just a true all-day tour with 6500 ft of climbing [HTML_REMOVED] hiking and tons of fun. So a good 30 sec over #1 rule ;)

https://vimeo.com/33194612

Feb. 25, 2012, 5:23 p.m.

Posted by 1375 at 12:17 AM on 02-24-2012
How 2012 is this.., some dude writes a great article, its funny, some great points, etc, etc, and then he feels the need to come on the comment section and basically apologize all while kissing the people asses he was making fun of in he first place.
I do believe they are selling testicles at Costco these days pretty cheap.Stop by and grab a set. And you say your from Cowtown….yeah right.

the only thing more awesome than posting personal critique is posting personal critique from a guest account. talk about testicles at costco.

Feb. 26, 2012, 10:34 a.m.

Whatever the intention of this list is, please stop including slo-mo footage of pushing bikes to the trailhead. We all do it, but it doesn't need to be shown.

RIde. Eat. Repeat.