Swiss DH: A photo Essay from Big Mtn Adventures

May 31, 2007, 10:58 p.m.

Get a taste of the ride with Chris Winter and Joe Schwartz.

Epic shots of amazing trails.

June 1, 2007, 1:36 a.m.

Switzerland rules for riding. Lot of hikers though.

June 1, 2007, 7:11 a.m.

i had to laugh at the irony of saying the glaciers are melting from driving cars, while showing pics and awesome stories about flying to Europe and shuttling big mountains etc.
…just a stupid observation.
hahaha

June 1, 2007, 8:01 a.m.

Happy yet sad shot.

and Chuck - that's a good point - not a stupid observation

June 1, 2007, 8:53 a.m.

Amazing.

I need to win the lottery.

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.

June 1, 2007, 8:55 a.m.

lottery? live for a bumb for a year! it would be sooo worth it… mmmmmm… 3000 meters on a perfect blue bird day

[email protected]
If at first you dont exeed go faster and BIGGER:duh:

June 1, 2007, 9:25 a.m.

say, that reminds me of something i need to finish up

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

June 1, 2007, 9:58 a.m.

i had to laugh at the irony of saying the glaciers are melting from driving cars, while showing pics and awesome stories about flying to Europe and shuttling big mountains etc.
…just a stupid observation.
hahaha

Actually BM use just about every mode of transport switzerland and its mostly trams and gondolas which are already in place because of the ski resorts and mountain villages. Looks like an awesome trip. I'm \ signed up for 08 and shaking visibly in anticipation already.

You can all go to hell. I'll be joining you shortly and I'm bringing beer and cheetos.

June 1, 2007, 10:01 a.m.

Living like a bumb won't pay for the mortgage, kids activities, or run my company.

That's OK…life is about choices, and my life allows me to ride a fair bit, albeit, close to home. That said, one good travel destination a year that involves riding and / or surfing, and that ain't bad either. Plus, Mini Dude won his first BMX race last night, while Dad snagged 2nd in the old farts race. Life is still pretty damn good.

Note to the kids: take a year and be a vagabon before settling down!

Cool thing I found w/ the Swiss and French hikers- they were so cool w/ the riders. They understand "share the trail". Much more sophisticated that way.

You find that while out there Syncro?

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.

June 1, 2007, 10:10 a.m.

Actually BM use just about every mode of transport switzerland and its mostly trams and gondolas which are already in place because of the ski resorts and mountain villages. Looks like an awesome trip. I'm \ signed up for 08 and shaking visibly in anticipation already.

I think it will be amazing. There's been some amazing trips posted on MTBR Passion about the riding over there - Chamonix circuit etc.

June 1, 2007, 10:15 a.m.

I was on the the BM Costa Rican trip that is going to be featured in Dirt next month and it was pretty amazing and Simmons says the Swiss trip is even better.

You can all go to hell. I'll be joining you shortly and I'm bringing beer and cheetos.

June 1, 2007, 10:30 a.m.

pic are unreal. I can only imagine what the riding would be like.It reminds me of the section in the movie "Halfway to Nowhere" by mtb films. It could be the same area. Lots of trains and gondi's in their riding sectoin to. Sign me up for the lottery to. Check out that flick, a bit different than most of the stuff out there, and super cool.

WTF, Over?

June 1, 2007, 1:42 p.m.

Great pictures!
I'm planning a trip next summer to the alps. I was thinking of the French side (Les Gets, Chatel, Portes du Solei region) but now I'm thinking Switzerland might be better! Anyone have any advice? Good web resources? I'm basically wedging a week of riding into a European trip with the GF. I might be riding solo.

June 1, 2007, 10:56 p.m.

I was on the the BM Costa Rican trip that is going to be featured in Dirt next month and it was pretty amazing and Simmons says the Swiss trip is even better.

Ooooh Dave,

Keep working on me and maybe I can get there with yah.

Man….stuff, albiet it good stuff is getting in my way!

June 2, 2007, 12:18 p.m.

pic are unreal. I can only imagine what the riding would be like.It reminds me of the section in the movie "Halfway to Nowhere" by mtb films. It could be the same area. Lots of trains and gondi's in their riding sectoin to. Sign me up for the lottery to. Check out that flick, a bit different than most of the stuff out there, and super cool.

it is the same area. we're doing a one week roadtrip to the wallis this summer :rocker: :swiss: