Specialized Quietly Goes 650B

Feb. 20, 2014, 8:21 p.m.

Between my 9 speed drivetrain and my 26" wheels,i don't even know of my bike is worth riding anymore.

be thankful you don't have steel 26" hardtail.

it's all i can do to keep myself from riding off a cliff on that bike.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Feb. 20, 2014, 8:23 p.m.

i don't give a shit whut size it is , imma not buyin' anything from sinyard 'til he apologizes to that war vet bike shop guy in lethbridge . . .

i thought he did and went up there personally to do it.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Feb. 20, 2014, 8:50 p.m.

i thought he did and went up there personally to do it.

He did. He wrote an open letter of apology first and then flew up to apologize in person and recorded it and then put the video up on The Big S's Facebook page. That all happened ages and ages ago now.

Ride, don't slide.

Feb. 20, 2014, 8:50 p.m.

flickr

Feb. 20, 2014, 9:01 p.m.

Be best to just end your life as soon as possible

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Feb. 20, 2014, 9:18 p.m.

Be best to just end your life as soon as possible

i tried drinking myself to death one night, but after one beer i passed out.

Ellen Langer

Feb. 20, 2014, 10:57 p.m.

In all seriousness, a fairly standard and expected move. if I made my own tires and wheels, I'd for sure wait until I had all my ducks lined up before I pulled the trigger. No sense messing around. Only 1 year, maybe 1.5 really of reduced sales on the mountain side in a few key models: Stumpy and Enduro. Epic and Camber still make sense with the bigger wheels, and by all accounts Enduro 29 is well received.

Feb. 20, 2014, 11:36 p.m.

Can I post the letter now where Specialized said they would never do this?

Specialized are a buncha' arrogant wankers. Always have been, always will be. Screw them.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Feb. 21, 2014, 9:12 a.m.

I'm gonna hold out until Bionicon comes out with adjustable rims with accordion tires that infinitely adjust from 24 to 29 with a simple set of thumb activated switches on the bar between the shifter and dropper remotes and beside the lockout remotes.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Feb. 21, 2014, 9:28 a.m.

I'm gonna hold out until Bionicon comes out with adjustable rims with accordion tires that infinitely adjust from 24 to 29 with a simple set of thumb activated switches on the bar between the shifter and dropper remotes and beside the lockout remotes.

Those industrious Germans.

"I know that heroes ride bicycles" - Joe Biden

Feb. 21, 2014, 9:47 a.m.

Wow I just rewatched Quadrophenia. I went straight out and bought some soul records and a jar of amphetamines.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Feb. 21, 2014, 2 p.m.

I plan to ride this pony for some time, and I'm fairly confident that decent rubber for 26" trail/all-marketing bikes won't disappear in the next couple seasons. Used bikes aren't worth anything anyway.

Couple seasons? Many seasons. What will be the actual percentage of 27.5 on the dirt compared to 26" and 29" next year? The year after? If 26" product (tires, forks, etc) drop off next year or the year after, that would be a poor financial move, especially for tire manufactures, at least in the short term. And especially for Specialized who are still selling 10k carbon 26" Wunderbikes :-) I have a hard time believing all the riders that just bought that 26" machines in the last couple years will flip them for a wheel size. Sure some will, especially the racers that want that coveted 1 second advantage (you know after they tapped out all other ways of getting that advantage), or 29er owners that aren't stoked on their long travel 29er….and new bike buyers of course that simply don't like 29".

It's a funny bike bubble we live in here. I was back in Nanaimo the other weekend, and out of the several riders I saw on Doumont, one dropper post, mo Kashima, no Pikes, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THOSE PEOPLE? :mullet:

Feb. 21, 2014, 2:04 p.m.

He did. He wrote an open letter of apology first and then flew up to apologize in person and recorded it and then put the video up on The Big S's Facebook page. That all happened ages and ages ago now.

Apparently the legal action was initiated by the Canadian Distributor without the knowledge of Specialized (or maybe they are taking the bullet for Specialized - you can tell this strategy would work because now I think the distributor is a wanker but I can't recall their name).

Feb. 23, 2014, 9:03 p.m.

27.5 specialized trail bike treads = yes please.

Feb. 23, 2014, 11:07 p.m.

Apparently the legal action was initiated by the Canadian Distributor without the knowledge of Specialized (or maybe they are taking the bullet for Specialized - you can tell this strategy would work because now I think the distributor is a wanker but I can't recall their name).

Interesting…now only if the Canadian distributor would spend less time initiating litigation and more time getting product for the LBS's. How long did it take for us to see the Butcher 29er in stores?

They make nice tires. A super value at near half the price of Maxxis and Schwalbe. The new Grid Control 2bliss treads are fantastic too, finally giving that extra sidewall support everybody wanted.