Shoeing on the Shore - like methadone for riders?

Dec. 20, 2012, 5:50 p.m.

No idea what brand that store sells, but if they are Bigfoot, Sridout tried a set for himself, his wife and 2 kids. Killed them all and had to replace them:

http://bb.nsmb.com/showpost.php?p=2602513[HTML_REMOVED]postcount=57

I've rented a bunch of different brands, the expensive models are worth buying (heel lifts, traction bars, etc).

Snowshoe buying thread here:
http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=128663

Just got home and checked. Brand is Snowtrek. I hope Trek doesn't try to sue them too.

My Team From San Luis Obispo, CA
SLOtothebone.wordpress.com

My Dirtbag Team in BC
The B-Team

B-Team :heart:'s You

Dec. 20, 2012, 10:18 p.m.

I just returned from a night snow shoe on Dog Mountain. Absolutely beautiful! It's most snow I have seen up there!

Master of Puppets

Jan. 11, 2013, 11:45 a.m.

Did some Xtreme snowshoeing in the 90s. Hike up and find steep lines to tele-step down and jump of big things into the Pow. Good quick intro is to climb up the PB on Hollyburn trail from terh Cypress XC area and cut in at teh first flats. All steep downhill through Old growth to the road below. Just stay between the Cypress Creek drainage on your right and the next small drainage on your left. And watch out for the ice bombs if you go through a melting zone!

ride, build, ride some more….

Jan. 21, 2013, 4:51 p.m.

Baker is a new favorite - Artist point provides a great workout with some wicked views up top! Park at the upper lot and head up from there.

www.differentbikes.ca
North Vancouver | West Vancouver | Vancouver Broadway |

March 3, 2013, 9:05 p.m.

With all the snow on Cypress, now is an excellent time for a guided tour through the magnificent old growth in the Old Growth Conservancy.

Join the Old Growth Conservancy Society Snowshoe Hike on Saturday March 16th. Meet at 10:00 a.m. at Hi-View Lookout (2nd switchback on the Cypress Bowl Road) to carpool up to Parking Lot #5, or meet us at Parking Lot #5 at 10:30 am.

Hikes are usually around 3 hours, so bring a lunch and a beverage. Wear water-resistant outerwear over warm layered winter clothes, and sturdy water-resistant boots. Snowshoes have been needed on most of these trips, though sometimes crampons are better!

Email us at ogcs.wv(at)gmail.com if you plan to attend so we can notify you about last minute weather reports or trip cancellation due to weather.

March 6, 2013, 6:49 p.m.

Just got home and checked. Brand is Snowtrek. I hope Trek doesn't try to sue them too.

Or Kona tries to buy em out. Not really relevant but Kona can suck it

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity