Seb Kemp - World Affairs Part III

March 6, 2011, 9:33 p.m.

This one is a bit of a departure for Seb - but I like it.

Have a read here...

March 7, 2011, 8:05 a.m.

Amen.

Absolutely true.

March 7, 2011, 9:06 a.m.

i really enjoy seb's more focused, anecdote based and narrative pieces. i find this metaphor-rich philosophizing boring, all but unreadable

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

March 7, 2011, 11:27 a.m.

his words rip through the stratified corpus of one's psyche, rending layers of cranial dermis in a tectonic cataclysm. an unfathomable swirling literary vortex dragging the reader deep into the gaping deconstructivistic abyss of incomprehensibility and inevitable insanity.

March 7, 2011, 12:06 p.m.

Posted via Mobile Device

March 7, 2011, 12:14 p.m.

I get it Seb! Thanks to NSMB featuring Big Mountain and "Ride with Wade" among others, I booked a bike trip to the top of Costa Rica. As I'm about to board the plane back home, you article jumped right off the thingy that I've forgotten how to use. Many times during my trip I was brought to spastic spectrums of emotion as i looked out at the beauty and majesty of the mountains. YB
Posted via Mobile Device

March 8, 2011, 9:20 a.m.

his words rip through the stratified corpus of one's psyche, rending layers of cranial dermis in a tectonic cataclysm. an unfathomable swirling literary vortex dragging the reader deep into the gaping deconstructivistic abyss of incomprehensibility and inevitable insanity.

:lol:

Exactly. I think Seb tried too hard with this one. I gave up after two paragraphs.

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

March 8, 2011, 9:30 a.m.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought so.

March 8, 2011, 10:41 a.m.

It's nice to read something that is not a first hand account of "I did this rad thing".

Or an update from a sponsored rider about how they went to some spot specifically to shoot media and tell us about how it went.

I'll agree a few spots went a little over the top in this article.

In the current age of blogs and social media I think we are loosing the actual art of writing about the sports we enjoy.

March 8, 2011, 10:47 a.m.

It's nice to read something that is not a first hand account of "I did this rad thing".

Or an update from a sponsored rider about how they went to some spot specifically to shoot media and tell us about how it went.

I'll agree a few spots went a little over the top in this article.

In the current age of blogs and social media I think we are loosing the actual art of writing about the sports we enjoy.

nailed it…while I could agree that seb may have got a bit eager with his language in this case, the jist of the message is not lost….that large landscapes have a profound affect on our sense of place in the world and how we react to that sense of place.

March 8, 2011, 10:57 a.m.

nailed it…while I could agree that seb may have got a bit eager with his language in this case, the jist of the message is not lost….that large landscapes have a profound affect on our sense of place in the world and how we react to that sense of place.

The philosophy of the article was great, it was the delivery that was a bit of a piss-take. I wouldn't be surprised if he went over the top just to incite a forum riot! :)

March 8, 2011, 11:14 a.m.

If Seb wanted to incite forum riot he would throw a direct punch. A low brow one to suit the audience at that.

March 8, 2011, 11:54 a.m.

You're Rex Murphy aren't you?

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

March 8, 2011, 12:07 p.m.

:lol:

Exactly. I think Seb tried too hard with this one. I gave up after two paragraphs.

I actually made it 3 paragraphs, which is 2 more than usual.

March 8, 2011, 9:12 p.m.

Wow - Seb went and found my blog and posted a negative comment. Oooooh - I have been chastised! I guess he missed all the praise I've heaped on his earlier efforts.

Hey Seb - its constructive criticism - you should see how much I put up with around here!

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca