Sam Brown - R.I.P.

March 5, 2009, 7:48 p.m.

some people need to chill on calling out those that want to discuss the situation here.

Its sad yes, but it was a direct result of bad choices. I read the news everyday and commenting on a news story is pretty reasonable on the internet.

I for one should not have to feel "ashamed" for any of the comments I made, nor should anyone else.

It may be a slippery slope because some people knew him. I did not. Im sure I would've respected him as a person, but he took a big risk. It comes down to the oldest saying in the book…

"if you can't do the time, don't do the crime"

If you all think that is so disrespectful to say, you are not setting a very good example for younger readers.

I apologize if I have offended any of his friends with my posts, but I feel it is a great loss, and really unnecessary.

Walk the straight line kids. There is a trucker that just got busted with about the same amount last week I believe.

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

March 5, 2009, 7:52 p.m.

He must've realized that he wasn't going to be Riding for a while….

Or a terrorist did it.

Im so sad…

March 5, 2009, 8:09 p.m.

RIP. Sad news.

While all the rest here are criticizing his choices he made that led to this sad news. One has to respect certain attributes that he had. Regardless of if it was misguided. Sam had balls and loads of ambition. Because if he hadn't had these he would have never gotten into that chopper in the first place.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

March 5, 2009, 8:14 p.m.

Dude let it go.

RIP Sam.

To me you're a hero and I hope to rip it up one day with ya.

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.

March 5, 2009, 8:48 p.m.

R.I.P.

I still remember that section from NWD 3 and the deconstructed wheel.

March 5, 2009, 9:06 p.m.

Personally I don't care how he went out, a brother down is a brother down. RIP, wherever you are.

Shed head!

March 5, 2009, 9:19 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWYfoF4a9fQ

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

March 5, 2009, 11:40 p.m.

sorry Sethimus, my mistake.:beer:

March 6, 2009, 9:12 a.m.

really surreal, i was riding shore at challenge park in Illinois back then, i remember that film and the hamster wheel…

There's more support than ever before for drug policy reform stateside, a number of states are inches from full legalization and regulation, mostly to generate tax revenue, but its a step in the right direction. We lose so many promising individuals to this kind of bull, the dea is personally responsible for the incarceration or death of innumerable individuals, who were often no guiltier than smoking some grass.

At least things are closer to a major change than they ever have been, i wouldnt bank on federal legalization in the states, but at least re-scheduling with states given the full right to define and enforce their own rules. Its about time.

In all seriousness, im an american, heavily involved in the bike industry, and i smoke regularly, no different than finishing the day with some friends and a few beers. bout time for some new rules that reflect the interests of a huge and growing number of north americans…

blaq design ltd

March 6, 2009, 9:34 a.m.

Wow what a story……. I did not know him personally, but I do feel bad for him and his family. Nobody will know the true story but Sam himself. It's almost a scene from a movie. Yes if you hang around or deal with that sort of thing there are risks involved, but still nobody deserves that. R.I.P

March 6, 2009, 4:41 p.m.

Personally I don't care how he went out, a brother down is a brother down. RIP, wherever you are.

Entirely my point. Regardless of how I view the decisions he made that ended his life, I respect what he brought to the sport.

"If at first you don't succeed, it will definitely leave a mark!!"

facebook.com/robholio

I wish people would stop whining about braking bumps, they happen and thats why there is full suspension, man up ya posers…

sliding downhill is like sex or pizza …even the bad stuff is pretty good

March 6, 2009, 6:05 p.m.

Having never smoked weed in my life
I think it should be legalized.

March 6, 2009, 6:18 p.m.

my comment: it's always sad when someone feels they have to resort to suicide. i didn't know sam or much about him really so can't really comment on him as a person.

my question: for all of you that feel pot/drugs should be legalized, what are you actively doing to make this happen?

1. paper/internet petitions?
2. letter writing campaings?
3. campaigning for political candidates that support it's legalization?
4. or basically nothing except talking into the wind?

my guess is that most people are in category #4.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

March 6, 2009, 7:14 p.m.

I brought this up in the other thread, for all those that think it should be legalized, and that this would prevent this type of thing, drug dealers/runners aren't just going to go straight, they'll just move up the ladder and deal with higher class drugs. They ain't going to go 9 to 5.

March 6, 2009, 8:02 p.m.

I brought this up in the other thread, for all those that think it should be legalized, and that this would prevent this type of thing, drug dealers/runners aren't just going to go straight, they'll just move up the ladder and deal with higher class drugs. They ain't going to go 9 to 5.

Most weed growers/dealers have day jobs…so they are already 9 to 5. I only know one guy who grows full full time and you know the hassle he got when he was in a huge accident…no wages lost to claim even though he was head on hit by a drunk driver. He's a rich fucker though.

EDIT: I wouldn't want to live his life though, he takes way too many risks. He also has no pension, no medical or dental and if revenue canada catches up with him, he's in a world of hurt.

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.