Richard Juryn and Denis Fontaine - RIP

Oct. 9, 2007, 12:04 a.m.

My sincerest condolences to Richard and Denis' families.

RIP

Oct. 9, 2007, 2:28 a.m.

I'm very shocked….. both will be missed dearly.

My condolences as well…….

:canada:

Oct. 9, 2007, 3:29 a.m.

I never knew either, but I probably felt Richard's influence when I lived and rode in the Sea to Sky Corridor.

It's so sad.

I pray for strength and courage for their surviving friends and families.

Oct. 9, 2007, 5:45 a.m.

Condolences to his family and friends. Many thanks for all you did for the North Shore mountain bike scene.

I'm volunteering as fast as I can.

Oct. 9, 2007, 6:19 a.m.

What a loss for his family, his friends and the mountain biking community.

He contributed so much in so many ways. He will be missed.

Oct. 9, 2007, 6:30 a.m.

Wow, I didn't know him but I have certainly heard his name tossed around a lot as organizer/leader and mentor.

RIP

Oct. 9, 2007, 7:19 a.m.

What a tragic event.

After watching the segment on the news I agree with his friends who said it could have been any of us.

They were doing what they love to do and got caught in an unfortunate situation.

Truly tragic. My thoughts go out to their families. Both were far too young to be taken away from us. Richard contributed a lot. He will be missed.

I guess its true, he whose light shines twice as bright, lasts half as long.

May he never experience a head wind again.

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Oct. 9, 2007, 7:38 a.m.

Peace, love and light to his family and friends. The entire MTB community is thinking of you all.

Oct. 9, 2007, 7:47 a.m.

Wow. So sad to hear that. I'd met Richard a few times and he was always very warm. I remember seeing him 10 days ago roaming the halls at Interbike. His commitment to riding in general should be an inspiration to all of us who enjoy life on two wheels.

It's a very small consolation, but thankfully he was doing what he loved when he died.

My condolences to Richard and Denis' friends and family.

She said, why don't you stop your crying/
Go outside and ride your bike
- Sliver, Nirvana

"If stars were all that mattered, why would I go to the trouble of writing a review?" - Roger Ebert

Oct. 9, 2007, 7:50 a.m.

We will all miss Richard, it is hard to imagine the scope of what he has done for mountain biking and people alike in Vancouver and beyond. My condolences to his family and friends.

Jason

I've got braces!!
www.specializedsports.ca
ph 778.386.4500
fx 604.931.6943
[email protected]

Oct. 9, 2007, 8:29 a.m.

Working with Richard was always interesting. His enthusiasm, drive and determination were infectious.

He will be missed!

My heart goes out to his family.

Dan

www.steedcycles.com

Oct. 9, 2007, 8:35 a.m.

I knew both these guys and considered them good friends. Both were "salt of the earth" types with infectious laughs and energy. I will miss them both

It is so funny that my dad sits in palative care with leukemia and has a few days to live but out of no where these two die before him. I am trying to rap my head around this. Life is hard…

I am a vegetarian not because I love animals but because I HATE plants.

It could be worse…you could be on fire.

Oct. 9, 2007, 8:45 a.m.

this truly breaks my heart to read this news as i knew Richard for the past 5 years. we shared so many laughs together. he would always share with me that his two kids and wife were the most important things in his life. i just saw him 10 days ago at interbike and we had another warm embrace. richard always had a smile for everyone. he was so kind, considerate, enthusiastic, caring…..a great guy who was an amazing advocate for our sport. he is one of the key players who started the expo and tech areas at Crankworx even a year or two before it became 'Crankworx'. he always brought industry people and athletes together for a common goal. i truly admire his efforts and contribution to our sport.
he will be greatly missed.

to his family: please accept my sincerest condolences and please find comfort and strength in that many are thinking of you during this difficult time.
respectfully,
eric

Oct. 9, 2007, 8:56 a.m.

As everyone who knew Rich, I was very saddened by this tragic news. I knew Rich since we ski raced together as teenagers. He will be greatly missed by the mountain biking community for all that he contributed through his vision, actions and efforts.
My family's and my thoughts are with Jill and the kids during this difficult time.
My sincerest condolences to Denis' family.
Enjoy the great outdoors and live life to the fullest - Rich did.

TomPro

Oct. 9, 2007, 8:59 a.m.

My condolences

meh