Readers' Rides #16 - Lahar

Jan. 8, 2010, 2:49 p.m.

bummer that the bike is vapor ware, but thanks for posting it nonetheless. certainly it will be a worthy footnote in the advancement of our sport.

how can it be Vapor ware if he's got one?

besides this is coming.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Jan. 8, 2010, 2:53 p.m.

Best part about this article is that we can now get a ride done at Whistler without having to stop for 120 minutes while he answers questions. It got so bad I considered making a pamphlet he could tuck into a seat mounted carbon holder.

You can all go to hell. I'll be joining you shortly and I'm bringing beer and cheetos.

Jan. 8, 2010, 8:51 p.m.

Everytime I see that bike, my jaw always drop.

SURREY IS THE BEST PLACE ON EARTH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HIDamVugIA

_ Life's too short not to ride fast, gotta ride fast! _

Help me fight cancer.http://www.conquercancer.ca/goto/eugene

Jan. 9, 2010, 6:54 a.m.

Holy crap, where you been dude?

Jan. 9, 2010, 11:51 a.m.

Holy crap, where you been dude?

Hey Wayner, been busy with life in general. Got married and have two little boys now…Still ride a bit but not as much as I used/want to.

SURREY IS THE BEST PLACE ON EARTH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HIDamVugIA

_ Life's too short not to ride fast, gotta ride fast! _

Help me fight cancer.http://www.conquercancer.ca/goto/eugene

Feb. 4, 2010, 6:17 a.m.

The closest I have come to an 'exotic' bike like that was a Balfa BB7… It shared the same high pivot characteristics that you described - hard to manual, glued to the ground… But for what it was designed for the BB7 was a fantastic bike (cornering was very impressive), and in those instances when you got it in the air it flew straight [HTML_REMOVED] true…

I imagine this bike rocks in the Park, but leaves a little something to be desired on the Shore (although that high bb may be advantageous and offset the length). Is this your only ride or do you have another bike for general duty? It was the single discipline nature of the BB7 that forced me to sell it for a more 'do everything' design at a time when 2 dualies was out of the question for me.

May 19, 2010, 7:37 p.m.

Perry has had some very cool bikes over the years…….remember the the old trimble!

Hope to be riding with you again soon Perry.

Colin

June 16, 2011, 8:27 p.m.

this is a level of bikes I didn't know existed, very cool. Can I try it?

Nov. 11, 2014, 9:06 p.m.

Bump!

What's happened to the bike?

Was your wife really mad about it, or just pretending online?

Nov. 12, 2014, 9 a.m.

Not as exotic, but I really sorta want a Zerode G2

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Nov. 12, 2014, 11:04 a.m.

Nice article!
Nice exotic bike!
Nice pictures!

And I agree, three years on one bike is a challenge, at least for a gearhead.

There are certain bikes, which are so good that it gets a no-brainer though.

My current ride will see it s second season in 2010. Maybe I ll even make it a hattrick.

Greetings Znarf

lol - i have 7 seasons on one bike. too bad the article is gone.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Nov. 13, 2014, 10:48 a.m.

this is my 8th season on this bike. granted, it's not seeing much use now that i've gone full enduro. will probably be the last dh bike i ever need. neat that the geometry is still in the ballpark of modern bikes (apart from a slightly high bb). was a pretty effective proof of concept. certainly the lowest maintenance bike i've ever had; the drivetrain has been flawless.