Rampage Live on nsmb!

Oct. 3, 2010, 4:24 p.m.

Darren said it, real big-mountain vs slopestyle. Seems like a big trick in a comp with a clean run and it gets you the win. Technically Claw's run was number 1, I'd like to see Zink ride it and see how he does. His 3 off that drop was sick though……

Shed head!

Oct. 3, 2010, 4:30 p.m.

Claw didn't ride it clean though. His run was insane, but he still had a few bobbles. Zink's run was flawless plus that 360.

I think it should be:
Zink
Berrecloth
Gully
Atherton

Oct. 3, 2010, 4:38 p.m.

Yeah I guess, I'm just a homer and wanted to see Bearclaw on top. Cam Mccaul commentary was awesome too…….really enjoyed his energy.

Shed head!

Oct. 3, 2010, 4:42 p.m.

Zink's 3 = beyond, and Berrecloth's run was perfect, save and everything. Great watch!!

davidlang.me |

Oct. 3, 2010, 4:57 p.m.

incredible riding today from everyone- thanks for the show!

while your sitten at your desk im banging laps.

Oct. 3, 2010, 5:08 p.m.

Yeah, Claw should have had at least 2nd….thanks to all the riders who threw down…great job everyone.

Posted via Mobile Device

Oct. 3, 2010, 5:30 p.m.

Yeah I guess, I'm just a homer and wanted to see Bearclaw on top. Cam Mccaul commentary was awesome too…….really enjoyed his energy.

Hey, I hear ya, his run was super tech. Still can't believe he pulled off that save!

Oct. 3, 2010, 6:37 p.m.

I dont know about anyone else but I thought this comp was a huge let down. Between the live feed problems and the weather it was hard to stay excited. I was so stoked for this event and then a lot of the riders didnt do much or nothing really that cool. I also dont think zink shoulda won. Other than the 360 he had a pretty boring run with nothing different from anyone. Bearcloth definatly had the best run.

Oct. 3, 2010, 6:48 p.m.

yeah, they should get a hold of that weather man and wring his neck.

Oct. 3, 2010, 7:21 p.m.

I dont know about anyone else but I thought this comp was a huge let down. Between the live feed problems and the weather it was hard to stay excited. I was so stoked for this event and then a lot of the riders didnt do much or nothing really that cool. I also dont think zink shoulda won. Other than the 360 he had a pretty boring run with nothing different from anyone. Bearcloth definatly had the best run.

Oct. 3, 2010, 7:37 p.m.

The tech problems were tough for sure. Wonder how much the poor weather had to do with that.

The gap sender seemed to launch guys kinda funny (wind?) and I think the Icon sender was just plain scary. I think this affected the "BIG" stunts.

No question to me the Claw won that with his second run. Weird how he didn't finish straight away though.
I am a Gee fan but in an event like that, to skip your second run is weak. Best trick hands down was Zinks 3. The fact that he sacked up to even attempt that after the first crash was mega impressive but the whole rest of his run was…meh. Bourdon is a straight up showman. That 540? was just a ridiculous huck! Gulevich should have done better methinks. Hard luck for Cutties.

Great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

All in all, to basically pack up your tent at Interbike, drive up the road to the middle of the desert and put on the worlds greatest freeride spectacle in under a week? Imagine the logistics. Pretty good job IMO, I will definitely tune in next time.

Thanks to all the riders for laying it out while I sat in front of my computer, drank beer and ate chicken wings. You guys are the best!

Oct. 3, 2010, 8:07 p.m.

^ well said, couldn't agree more.

Techical difficulties aside, how many times have you seen a live freeride event? We get Crankworx within a short drive, but everything else involves travelling quite a distance - not possible for most of us.

Thanks for putting this on Redbull. Hope you keep doing them.

Oct. 3, 2010, 8:42 p.m.

I enjoyed the show once I got a feed that was working. Props to the riders that even attempted the course(s). Freaking huge balls on anyone riding those lines.

Thanks Redbull! Oh and thanks for keeping my Vegas Interbike party stoke on too. Vodka redbulls are the shit!

Oct. 3, 2010, 8:51 p.m.

Looking back, I have to take back what I said about the live feed. They did pull it off, I was able to watch all of the runs and while it did go out a few times, it still came back.

Oct. 3, 2010, 9:35 p.m.

I don't get some people. People bitch about the feed but what did you all do two years ago when there wasn't anything like this even available to the people who couldn't make it to the event? Pretty darn good first attempt considering being in the middle of the desert isolated from all normal human utilities. Besides a few glitches I didn't miss a beat.

Judging was a bit iffy in my mind. The judges seemed to get side tract from one big awwee move when they saw it and forgot that the comp was being judged on the composition of a whole run. Zinks move was not far short of plain ballsy, skill and just mind blowing but that is the only thing he offered in his run. Gully I felt stuck a more all around run and I was really wishing Aggy would have pulled that first run together. Bearclaw hand one of the most technical runs and Vanderham always made it look like slicing butter, I would have placed the riders different but hey that's just my two cents. All in all though what a great way to showcase the big mountain stuff, its stuff like this that really gets my heart racing again.

Steve

www.tuchiwsky.com