PREVIEW - Giant 2010 long-travel bikes

Sept. 3, 2009, 6:45 p.m.

Call me stupid, but why is the derailleur mounted directly on the frame???

:canada: - Flickr

Sept. 3, 2009, 6:48 p.m.

Each bike or frameset ships with two sets of rear dropouts, which allow you to change the head angle by about 0.5 degrees and drop the bottom bracket.

Sept. 17, 2009, 9:52 p.m.

The Faith article will be up later this week. Plan was to have them up right away, and then Crankworx got in the way of things. Just a little more patience…

Did I miss the Reign X write-up too?

Oct. 8, 2009, 10:09 p.m.

The Faith article will be up later this week. Plan was to have them up right away, and then Crankworx got in the way of things. Just a little more patience…

Hey Stuart, did the Reign X article ever get published?

July 14, 2010, 10:14 p.m.

Anyone have more info on the FAQ question at the bottom of the review?

Q: Can I use HammerSchmidt on Giant long-travel bikes?
A: No. The HammerSchmidt mechanism and pivot points on Giant's bikes don't work well together.

Seems there are some people using HammerSchmidt on the faith at least.

July 15, 2010, 4:16 p.m.

Hey Stuart, did the Reign X article ever get published?

I am loving my x0! 30 lbs, climbs like a goat, descends like a dh bike.

2 issues over 600km so far. Brakes needed to be bled twice, and i've broke 3 spokes on the rear disc side, all on different rides. The hub end of the spokes are breaking off????

By far the best bike i've ridden to date.

July 15, 2010, 4:44 p.m.

Anyone have more info on the FAQ question at the bottom of the review?

Q: Can I use HammerSchmidt on Giant long-travel bikes?
A: No. The HammerSchmidt mechanism and pivot points on Giant's bikes don't work well together.

Seems there are some people using HammerSchmidt on the faith at least.

You can use it, but the word from Giant was that they aren't designed to work together. That doesn't mean that they won't - just that it's not designed to work with this type of suspension.

She said, why don't you stop your crying/
Go outside and ride your bike
- Sliver, Nirvana

"If stars were all that mattered, why would I go to the trouble of writing a review?" - Roger Ebert

July 16, 2010, 7:12 p.m.

You can use it, but the word from Giant was that they aren't designed to work together. That doesn't mean that they won't - just that it's not designed to work with this type of suspension.

you'll get a lot of pedal feedback. ride a reign x in the granny gear over bumps while pedaling; that's what hammerschmidt would feel like.

Check my stuff for sale!